2006 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Not happy
By not happy on 12/12/08 20:46 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

I'm not happy with Colorado at all. The mpg is far less than rated. I could drive a full size pickup and get the same. Small inside, the back speakers quit working, the ac fan works sometime, plastic inside falling apart, seat belt falling apart. The screws fell out. I think the seat is going next. No power, I have 40k miles on it .

Bad experience
By Scott on 12/03/08 09:11 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado LT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this truck new. It is a Z71 with almost all options including the rare sunroof on a regular cab. This truck has had constant issues. Most of them have been fit and finish. A lot of rattles and the interior is poor. I will live with the truck until getting positive equity and trade it for a Toyota or Ford.

Chevy
By cparker on 12/02/08 19:31 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Many problems and issues with quality. I bought my truck 6/08 for the 4th of July sale at 0% interest. What a bad decision. I had the truck for about 5 months the valves in the engine bent so I had to drive a rental for 2 weeks. Payload is average but leaf springs are extremely weak. Anything more than 200 lbs and it will be sagging. The sheet metal is very thin and vibrates a lot. Especially the brake dust shield. Every time I brake, the floor boards vibrate and there’s a rattle from the front of the truck. My truck is a 5 speed so when I push in the clutch to come to a stop the rpm drops to 500 and the whole truck vibrates. Need more room to list problems. Just buy a Tacoma!

2006 Colorado 4 Cylinder
By John on 11/08/08 13:21 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I was originally going to by an S10, but I took the Colorado for a test drive and I was sold. Since then, I've been very happy with it. I've got the 4cyl, but I had no problem hauling a full bed and a full 5x10 trailer all the way up the east coast. The fuel economy is also very good I average between 25 and 26 mpg, and that's with about a 50/50 mix of city/highway driving. I've put this little truck through a lot of heavy duty work, and it's held up very well. I have the base model so the interior quality isn't that great, but the seats are reasonably comfortable and the driving position is fine. The shifting is pretty smooth for a manual truck transmission.

So Far So Good
By Chris on 09/01/08 19:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my truck new and have driven it for 20k miles. Fuel economy could be better but it's as good or better than any other small 4x4 pickup (24 highway and 21 in town). The truck has a cushy ride, functional interior and the engine performance is adequate. I haul lumber, firewood, dirt, stone etc. and it's holding up quite well. There was a cylinder head problem with the I4 and I5 in model years 04-06 which I understand has since been resolved. GM replaced the cylinder head on my truck at 7k miles. I've had no trouble with it since and GM agreed to extend the warranty on the head work after I complained. So far I'm satisfied with my Colorado and would certainly consider GM again.

OK Pickup
By SN on 08/14/08 12:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought new 24 months ago and so far so good. Roomy cab, comfortable ride, and fair fuel ecomomy. Has nice stereo and was reasonably priced. It's my 3rd new Chevy pickup and I think I liked my last S-10 a little better.

18 Months and 18000 miles
By Burt on 07/06/08 20:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

The truck has done its job. It not the most refined truck out there but it was inexpensive to buy. A previous review said the truck had problems with brakes locking up after a recall repair was performed at the dealership, and blamed GM for his problems. The same thing happened to me, got half way home and noticed the brakes were overheating. The tech that installed the new parts didn't properly adjust switches to accommodate brake pedal travel and they were dragging. It was an easy fix and the brakes are fine. He also complained about fuel economy. Well, if your brakes are dragging your fuel economy isn't going to be all that good. The check engine light in mine comes on regularly.

I love my truck!
By KTCalloway on 06/27/08 07:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado LT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Absolutly no problems. Handles well, comfortable ride. Looks great too. Would like better gas mileage of course, but it is as advertised. Design of the seat belt placement not comfortable for short person( I'm 5'3"). Love the OnStar, will never have another car without it!

2006 4x4 Colorodo Crew Cab
By GAB on 05/09/08 17:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

I find this truck to be extremely comfortable. It has the Z71 package and the I5 engine. It pulls a light bass boat with ease and get respectable mpg about 17mpg to 22pg. It is loaded with leather and all the toys. Love the truck.

Amazing truck
By Bowtie on 04/19/08 23:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

This truck has been great. A long awaited replacment of the S-10 (and I had 1). I have the Z-71 package and it does well off-road and I have put it through its paces.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.