Used 2006 Chevrolet Colorado LS Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Quality Truck
By Racin'Jason

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Owned for a year. Previous owner took care of the truck and kept it clean and serviced. I am doing the same. It runs well and am impressed by the quality of engineering. The ride is excellent, especially for a truck. As long as I keep it serviced on time I have seen no indication of any service issues either in person or in the internet.

The 4-door layout. Back seat is roomier than most cars out there and still able to haul something in the bed. The Sunburst Orange is also an attractive color with the Extreme trim package.

The engineer that came-up with the spare tire system has never had to change a spare tire before. It is time consuming and labor intensive. The jack works, but I do not get that warm fuzzy feeling when I am using it. I have had two flat tires in a year and would give this system a failing grade.

Awesome truck
By mattkoerner

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've taken many road trips in my truck. It is a 5 speed manual and has gotten up to 31.25 miles per gallon on the highway. I get 21 miles per gallon in town. The power isn't too bad with the manual transmission either. All in all, I would say it's a pretty sweet truck.

Gas Mileage and I love how the dash just looks clean.

2006 Colorado 4 Cylinder
By John

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I was originally going to by an S10, but I took the Colorado for a test drive and I was sold. Since then, I've been very happy with it. I've got the 4cyl, but I had no problem hauling a full bed and a full 5x10 trailer all the way up the east coast. The fuel economy is also very good I average between 25 and 26 mpg, and that's with about a 50/50 mix of city/highway driving. I've put this little truck through a lot of heavy duty work, and it's held up very well. I have the base model so the interior quality isn't that great, but the seats are reasonably comfortable and the driving position is fine. The shifting is pretty smooth for a manual truck transmission.

Engine, turning, brakes

Interior quality

My Colorado 4cyl
By hta

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I drove an 96 s10 for 10 years almost 300,000 miles it was a better truck. The Colorado is a litle bigger. Less gas mileage. No way it gets 27-35 highway. There is no armrest What engineer builds a 5 speed truck with no armrest? 2 Cheap General tires went at 15000 miles? I got the truck at 13500 +ttl. It's efficient but I dont know as much as my S10. The body panels are made really thin and theres not much cab space. It is a slow slug. It only moves when the pedal is to the floor hence the gas mileage

I don't have too many. I wish I didn't get rid of my S10.

Arm rest is cheap. Better cup holders. More aero dynamic. Taller bed. Dont lie about the fuel mileage. Oil cooler. I need aftermarket acc. Acceleration. 175 hp in your shorts Chevy. I can run faster.

Good for the price
By BILL BASS

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my truck to pull a boat and it does a good job. They are not too expensive if you don't get too many options. The fuel economy is OK for a truck.

Tow hitch