2006 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Quality Truck
By Racin'Jason on 03/13/10 06:07 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Owned for a year. Previous owner took care of the truck and kept it clean and serviced. I am doing the same. It runs well and am impressed by the quality of engineering. The ride is excellent, especially for a truck. As long as I keep it serviced on time I have seen no indication of any service issues either in person or in the internet.

Awesome truck
By mattkoerner on 07/24/09 20:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've taken many road trips in my truck. It is a 5 speed manual and has gotten up to 31.25 miles per gallon on the highway. I get 21 miles per gallon in town. The power isn't too bad with the manual transmission either. All in all, I would say it's a pretty sweet truck.

2006 Colorado 4 Cylinder
By John on 11/08/08 13:21 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I was originally going to by an S10, but I took the Colorado for a test drive and I was sold. Since then, I've been very happy with it. I've got the 4cyl, but I had no problem hauling a full bed and a full 5x10 trailer all the way up the east coast. The fuel economy is also very good I average between 25 and 26 mpg, and that's with about a 50/50 mix of city/highway driving. I've put this little truck through a lot of heavy duty work, and it's held up very well. I have the base model so the interior quality isn't that great, but the seats are reasonably comfortable and the driving position is fine. The shifting is pretty smooth for a manual truck transmission.

My Colorado 4cyl
By hta on 08/19/07 14:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I drove an 96 s10 for 10 years almost 300,000 miles it was a better truck. The Colorado is a litle bigger. Less gas mileage. No way it gets 27-35 highway. There is no armrest What engineer builds a 5 speed truck with no armrest? 2 Cheap General tires went at 15000 miles? I got the truck at 13500 +ttl. It's efficient but I dont know as much as my S10. The body panels are made really thin and theres not much cab space. It is a slow slug. It only moves when the pedal is to the floor hence the gas mileage

Good for the price
By BILL BASS on 11/22/06 17:23 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my truck to pull a boat and it does a good job. They are not too expensive if you don't get too many options. The fuel economy is OK for a truck.

This truck can achieve 30mpg combo C/Hwy
By Mark on 03/16/06 12:06 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a good looking truck. I like how it's on the smaller side. This allows for better mileage. I drive about 25% CITY and 75% highway and was getting a combined mileage of about 26 mpg. I then added a bed cover and increased the tire pressure to 40psi and now get almost 30mpg combined city/hwy mileage driving gently. Not bad considering this is a pickup truck. I would guess the highway mileage by itself might be as high as 35mpg. The only negative thing I've experienced so far is that occasionally the idle sticks at about 2800rpm even after it's warmed up. I can remedy this by turning it off and restarting it. Overall I am very happy with it. Too soon to brag about it's reliability though.

Love my Colorado
By Vic Ray on 03/14/06 15:21 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

fter 10,000 miles I performed a fuel economy test. I am getting 17.89 miles per gallon. I have installed a magnaflow exhaust system and am currently performing fuel mileage test after that. I am installing a AEM cold air intake system trying to get 20 to 21 mpg in the city. I love my truck and currently have 11,035 miles on it and no problems

This truck does what you need it to do
By Steven on 02/17/06 00:39 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I couldn't be happier with my truck. It has decent passing speed to get around annoying drivers. Plenty of horses for a 4 cyl 5 speed. Does better on fuel than I expected. I'm getting about 25 on the highway and about 16 in the city. The ride is sweet when you aren't taking it down dirt roads. There is plenty of room inside and comfortable seating, but if you want to lay the seat back and snooze, forget it! The seat wont even move. But if you want a truck that will do what you need it to do and not empty out your bank account or drink a lot of fuel, you gotta get this truck.

Awesome
By chris on 01/28/06 16:27 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love this truck. It's perfect for driving around town. I am getting at least 20.9 miles in the city and about 28 on the highway. This truck also has a lot of room in it. I'm 6'0 tall and have to move the seat up just to reach the pedals.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.