2006 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Emmission problemm not reported by cheve to customer
By nabid on 12/04/12 09:43 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have 2006 cheve colorado pick up,it failed several time smog test,i spent a lot of money to the local mechanics for diagnose,it came as internal leak,missfiring.it was a major manufacture deffect but Cheve never send me any letter to infor for any recall,finally when i took to dealer they told me there is a memo that this model has a deffect,they have to open all engine to fix the problem..i was shocked WHY CHEVE DID NOT INFORMED ME AND OTHERS CUSTMERS AND WERE CHEATING.ITS SHAME FOR CHEVE AND THEIR MANAGEMANT..WILL NEVER TRUST CHEVE AGAIN.

Good Little Truck
By Zach on 02/12/10 05:38 AM (PST)

I have had the truck a couple of weeks. I had to take into the shop after having it for 1 week. It ended up need a new head cylinder that Chevy paid for. Other than that the truck is great. It does everything that you need to do for around a house. If you want something that will towing a lot then get a full size. If you are not going to tow get this truck!

Good looking truck, but lots of problems
By k-snod on 12/21/09 10:05 AM (PST)

I purchased my colorado in Sept 2006. I have had nothing but problems. First there was a recall for a brake light switch, then at 47000 miles I had to replace the camshaft actuator ($98). Then at 59000 miles I had to replace the vent valve and ignition switch, that was another $458. I just took it back to GM because of rough idle and found out the cylinder head needs replaced (62000 miles). The mechanic told me GM will cover the cost, which will be close to $3000.00. GM will not recall the trucks for this problem, they will only fix it IF you have the problem and it happens before 100,000 miles. Needless to say this truck has been trouble since day 1.

OK truck
By GM Veteran on 11/10/09 17:29 PM (PST)

Use the truck for 154 mile RT daily commute and occasional hauling/trailering. Over 115K so far. Engine power seems low but it pulls and hauls well. Man trans has annoying grinding when going into 3rd gear. Lousy seat back tilt lever ergonomics: pull lever forward to tilt the seat back forward requires two hands, makes it hard to put things behind the seat. Put your stuff on the ground, move seat, pick stuff up, put behind seat ARRGH! What's worst, my left front spring has sagged and the replacement parts are only available from the dealer at a cost of $600. Lack of aftermarket really upsets me. I was a 17 year GM engineer. I will think long and hard before I will buy another GM vehicle.

Better than you'd expect
By Hal on 03/24/08 15:41 PM (PDT)

Body & engine tight and smooth, interior trim a little rough(headliner doesn't fit shugly). Seat-belt receptacle cover breaks easily). Five speed shifts out smoothly for 1-5,but often resists going into reverse. Impressive acceleration for a 4- cylinder. Decent gas mileage averaging about 22 with a 50/50 mix of city & highway going all-out...26 highway if I nurse it. Only maintenance in 48,000 miles has been oil, filters, & tires.

Good little truck
By Jack on 11/08/07 06:17 AM (PST)

I bought a 2 wheel drive work truck, couldn't afford the 4 wheel or the fancy models, but i have been pleased with the performance. It handles the logging roads in Maine without a care. It has crossed small streams and handled rutted muddy roads without issue. I live on a mountain and with studded snow tires I have made it home in the worst no'r easters like it was a july day. The gas mileage is good. I average 23 day to day here in the foot hills of the Berkshires and get 25 plus on trips. The regular cab is wide enough and the seats are comfortable on long trips with plenty of leg room. It's not a rocket ship but it moves out well when you step on it.

Beats imports hands down
By chevyschubert on 01/07/07 19:49 PM (PST)

The truck runs great. I have only had my truck for 10 months now and I have drivein over 12,000 miles and no problems. I got it with 14 miles on it and the mpg leveled out at 20-21 in city with my driving (fast light take off, steady speed of 40-55mph, fast stop and go.) I nailed a curb at 45-50 mpg and only bent the rim. I have the most standard package avalible. My entire family has GM produts and the reliability is outstanding and 2 to none and one place over Dodge which I have owned. The Colorado is by far the best modern mid-sized truck for the money and investment. This is the 2nd best truck I have owned next to the '64 Chevy El Camino I have.

Great Little Truck
By TERESA MOORE on 11/18/06 02:07 AM (PST)

This is my 4th small Chevy truck, and I think it's the best yet! It's got lots of interior room, and a good sized bed too. I was quite pleased that the base model comes with cruise control, tilt wheel, and a pretty good sounding AM/FM stereo. There is way too much noise from the A- pillars, window deflectors are needed! The base tires pick up every little pebble, then they "fly" when you end up on the freeway! warms up slow for a 4 cylinder.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.