Used 2006 Chevrolet Colorado Work Truck Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Emmission problemm not reported by cheve to customer
By nabid

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have 2006 cheve colorado pick up,it failed several time smog test,i spent a lot of money to the local mechanics for diagnose,it came as internal leak,missfiring.it was a major manufacture deffect but Cheve never send me any letter to infor for any recall,finally when i took to dealer they told me there is a memo that this model has a deffect,they have to open all engine to fix the problem..i was shocked WHY CHEVE DID NOT INFORMED ME AND OTHERS CUSTMERS AND WERE CHEATING.ITS SHAME FOR CHEVE AND THEIR MANAGEMANT..WILL NEVER TRUST CHEVE AGAIN.

Favorite Features

All disappointed by Cheve..

Suggested Improvements

Do not buy any Cheve car or truck

Good Little Truck
By Zach

I have had the truck a couple of weeks. I had to take into the shop after having it for 1 week. It ended up need a new head cylinder that Chevy paid for. Other than that the truck is great. It does everything that you need to do for around a house. If you want something that will towing a lot then get a full size. If you are not going to tow get this truck!

Favorite Features

comfortable ride, exterior looks,Cruise Control, Snow Driving

Suggested Improvements

Lighten truck up a little.

Good looking truck, but lots of problems
By k-snod

I purchased my colorado in Sept 2006. I have had nothing but problems. First there was a recall for a brake light switch, then at 47000 miles I had to replace the camshaft actuator ($98). Then at 59000 miles I had to replace the vent valve and ignition switch, that was another $458. I just took it back to GM because of rough idle and found out the cylinder head needs replaced (62000 miles). The mechanic told me GM will cover the cost, which will be close to $3000.00. GM will not recall the trucks for this problem, they will only fix it IF you have the problem and it happens before 100,000 miles. Needless to say this truck has been trouble since day 1.

Favorite Features

About the only thing I like about the truck is it's looks.

OK truck
By GM Veteran

Use the truck for 154 mile RT daily commute and occasional hauling/trailering. Over 115K so far. Engine power seems low but it pulls and hauls well. Man trans has annoying grinding when going into 3rd gear. Lousy seat back tilt lever ergonomics: pull lever forward to tilt the seat back forward requires two hands, makes it hard to put things behind the seat. Put your stuff on the ground, move seat, pick stuff up, put behind seat ARRGH! What's worst, my left front spring has sagged and the replacement parts are only available from the dealer at a cost of $600. Lack of aftermarket really upsets me. I was a 17 year GM engineer. I will think long and hard before I will buy another GM vehicle.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, trailering, hauling ability

Suggested Improvements

Better manual trans synchros, one handed seat tilt lever feature, allow more aftermarket parts.

Better than you'd expect
By Hal

Body & engine tight and smooth, interior trim a little rough(headliner doesn't fit shugly). Seat-belt receptacle cover breaks easily). Five speed shifts out smoothly for 1-5,but often resists going into reverse. Impressive acceleration for a 4- cylinder. Decent gas mileage averaging about 22 with a 50/50 mix of city & highway going all-out...26 highway if I nurse it. Only maintenance in 48,000 miles has been oil, filters, & tires.

Favorite Features

Surprisingly quick acceleration, smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

Put a lock on the passenger side door when sell with maunal locks.