Used 2006 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Emmission problemm not reported by cheve to customer
By nabid

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have 2006 cheve colorado pick up,it failed several time smog test,i spent a lot of money to the local mechanics for diagnose,it came as internal leak,missfiring.it was a major manufacture deffect but Cheve never send me any letter to infor for any recall,finally when i took to dealer they told me there is a memo that this model has a deffect,they have to open all engine to fix the problem..i was shocked WHY CHEVE DID NOT INFORMED ME AND OTHERS CUSTMERS AND WERE CHEATING.ITS SHAME FOR CHEVE AND THEIR MANAGEMANT..WILL NEVER TRUST CHEVE AGAIN.

Favorite Features

All disappointed by Cheve..

Suggested Improvements

Do not buy any Cheve car or truck

Reliable
By watchman3

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my truck since new and have put over 100K miles on her, now and have never experienced a single issue. I do regular maintenance and she is the most dependable vehicle I've ever owned.

Favorite Features

I love that she looks and functions like a truck but the 4 cylinder 2.8 offers plenty of power and is VERY easy on the gas!! Avoid the I5 cylinder.

Suggested Improvements

Stay away from the inline 5 cylinder that lacks power for a gas guzzler.

Bad Engine
By Eddy

Around 2500 mile i had loss of power.And then around 16,000 mile timing chain and gears were replaced. And then around 18,000 mile the oil pump went out which caused the engine to go out. now it has been in the shop for about 8 weeks and GENERAL MOTORS says its not there problem because it is 2010 now even though problems started under there factory warranty. it has been a nightmare. i have always liked gm up till now, it wont happen again.

Quality Truck
By Racin'Jason

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Owned for a year. Previous owner took care of the truck and kept it clean and serviced. I am doing the same. It runs well and am impressed by the quality of engineering. The ride is excellent, especially for a truck. As long as I keep it serviced on time I have seen no indication of any service issues either in person or in the internet.

Favorite Features

The 4-door layout. Back seat is roomier than most cars out there and still able to haul something in the bed. The Sunburst Orange is also an attractive color with the Extreme trim package.

Suggested Improvements

The engineer that came-up with the spare tire system has never had to change a spare tire before. It is time consuming and labor intensive. The jack works, but I do not get that warm fuzzy feeling when I am using it. I have had two flat tires in a year and would give this system a failing grade.

Good Little Truck
By Zach

I have had the truck a couple of weeks. I had to take into the shop after having it for 1 week. It ended up need a new head cylinder that Chevy paid for. Other than that the truck is great. It does everything that you need to do for around a house. If you want something that will towing a lot then get a full size. If you are not going to tow get this truck!

Favorite Features

comfortable ride, exterior looks,Cruise Control, Snow Driving

Suggested Improvements

Lighten truck up a little.