2006 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Emmission problemm not reported by cheve to customer
By nabid on 12/04/12 09:43 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have 2006 cheve colorado pick up,it failed several time smog test,i spent a lot of money to the local mechanics for diagnose,it came as internal leak,missfiring.it was a major manufacture deffect but Cheve never send me any letter to infor for any recall,finally when i took to dealer they told me there is a memo that this model has a deffect,they have to open all engine to fix the problem..i was shocked WHY CHEVE DID NOT INFORMED ME AND OTHERS CUSTMERS AND WERE CHEATING.ITS SHAME FOR CHEVE AND THEIR MANAGEMANT..WILL NEVER TRUST CHEVE AGAIN.

Reliable
By watchman3 on 11/09/11 15:09 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my truck since new and have put over 100K miles on her, now and have never experienced a single issue. I do regular maintenance and she is the most dependable vehicle I've ever owned.

Bad Engine
By Eddy on 05/25/10 11:50 AM (PDT)

Around 2500 mile i had loss of power.And then around 16,000 mile timing chain and gears were replaced. And then around 18,000 mile the oil pump went out which caused the engine to go out. now it has been in the shop for about 8 weeks and GENERAL MOTORS says its not there problem because it is 2010 now even though problems started under there factory warranty. it has been a nightmare. i have always liked gm up till now, it wont happen again.

Quality Truck
By Racin'Jason on 03/13/10 06:07 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Owned for a year. Previous owner took care of the truck and kept it clean and serviced. I am doing the same. It runs well and am impressed by the quality of engineering. The ride is excellent, especially for a truck. As long as I keep it serviced on time I have seen no indication of any service issues either in person or in the internet.

Good Little Truck
By Zach on 02/12/10 05:38 AM (PST)

I have had the truck a couple of weeks. I had to take into the shop after having it for 1 week. It ended up need a new head cylinder that Chevy paid for. Other than that the truck is great. It does everything that you need to do for around a house. If you want something that will towing a lot then get a full size. If you are not going to tow get this truck!

Good looking truck, but lots of problems
By k-snod on 12/21/09 10:05 AM (PST)

I purchased my colorado in Sept 2006. I have had nothing but problems. First there was a recall for a brake light switch, then at 47000 miles I had to replace the camshaft actuator ($98). Then at 59000 miles I had to replace the vent valve and ignition switch, that was another $458. I just took it back to GM because of rough idle and found out the cylinder head needs replaced (62000 miles). The mechanic told me GM will cover the cost, which will be close to $3000.00. GM will not recall the trucks for this problem, they will only fix it IF you have the problem and it happens before 100,000 miles. Needless to say this truck has been trouble since day 1.

OK truck
By GM Veteran on 11/10/09 17:29 PM (PST)

Use the truck for 154 mile RT daily commute and occasional hauling/trailering. Over 115K so far. Engine power seems low but it pulls and hauls well. Man trans has annoying grinding when going into 3rd gear. Lousy seat back tilt lever ergonomics: pull lever forward to tilt the seat back forward requires two hands, makes it hard to put things behind the seat. Put your stuff on the ground, move seat, pick stuff up, put behind seat ARRGH! What's worst, my left front spring has sagged and the replacement parts are only available from the dealer at a cost of $600. Lack of aftermarket really upsets me. I was a 17 year GM engineer. I will think long and hard before I will buy another GM vehicle.

Awesome truck
By mattkoerner on 07/24/09 20:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've taken many road trips in my truck. It is a 5 speed manual and has gotten up to 31.25 miles per gallon on the highway. I get 21 miles per gallon in town. The power isn't too bad with the manual transmission either. All in all, I would say it's a pretty sweet truck.

satisfied but could be improved
By dgclrk on 06/14/09 11:12 AM (PDT)

I have the 4wd work truck and bought it new and have not had any mechanical problems except that sometimes it wont start on first turn off the key and the check engine light comes on periodically though the gas mileage is slightly less than advertised and it is hard to park in a tight space due to it having a 40 foot turning radius

Bad experience
By Scott on 12/03/08 09:11 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab LT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this truck new. It is a Z71 with almost all options including the rare sunroof on a regular cab. This truck has had constant issues. Most of them have been fit and finish. A lot of rattles and the interior is poor. I will live with the truck until getting positive equity and trade it for a Toyota or Ford.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.