Used 2006 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Bad truck
By davescustomart

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

My Colorado now has 60,000 miles on it, The clutch is gone, the 4 wheel drive just quit working I have rusty water in my oil. The ignition has a mind of its own. The heater works when IT wants to work. Overall BAD TRUCK! too much money not enough truck.

4 years and going strong
By John in Colorado

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have now had the Colorado for 4 years and 26,000 miles. I have had no problems with this truck; my complaints are more related to design and engineering. This truck has a lot of little flaws that I believe could have been worked out by engineers with a little attention to details. For example: You can't put down the driver's sun visor without moving the rear view mirror. Then you need to adjust it back. Please! Also, when it's very cold (I'm in Colorado) the windows don't work properly or don't work at all until the interior warms up. Once again, what's all this testing I hear they do to vehicles. There's much more, but too little space.

Favorite Features

I like the styling and the interior layout. This truck is also good in snow and off road.

Suggested Improvements

I had a full size V8 truck that got better gas mileage than this. I'm getting about 14-15 in the city; 19-20 on the highway. Might as well have a full sized truck. Nothing like the 18 and 23 on the window sticker.

WE LIKE IT
By SUSAN

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this used with 14,000 miles on it, its the 5 cyl and we really like it. No problems, good pickup with enough power. easy to handle and good in snow. Now have 52,000 miles and have had no problems mechanically at all. don't like the seats with headrests when back seat is in use. other than that fine.

Favorite Features

easy of parking, good for hauling

Suggested Improvements

back seat needs restyling, could get a bit better mileage

Rather fine truck
By CHB

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Two weather strip issues are the only problems in first 36000 mi. Don't get heavy duty suspension unless your going to carry max weight or some cargo in bed all the time.

Favorite Features

22 mpg around town. At least 24 highway with 4 cylinder

Suggested Improvements

Center arm rest. Outside key lock for passenger-side door.

Too many trips to the service dept.
By jones

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

The truck is great...when it is not in the shop for service. Little things that should NOT be problems on a truck this age - with this little mileage and that is this well-maintained - occur over and over again. And the "fix" doesn't always stay fixed. So we have had too many visits to service, and too many repeat issues. The service people are always very pleasant and willing to help. But my guess is that something about the products is sub-standard. It is very frustrating to have to take it in and do without it so often.