Used 2006 Chevrolet Colorado LT Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Very Surprised.. And Happy with my Colorado
By colorred

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Colorado used with only 48K miles on the OD. I've doubled that and it still runs like a top. I'll admit I was a bit of a skeptic but saw some positive reviews and I'm glad I took the chance. The inline 5 is a great engine, though not overly powerful it suits my needs perfectly. The crew cab has lots of comfortable space. So far (knock on wood) I've only performed regular maintenance and it hasn't required any repair needs. I keep the brake pads changed perhaps a little more often than normal as I was told new rotor replacements will be big bucks. They weren't designed to be changed easily.

Favorite Features

Love the cab; size and comfort. Fuel mileage is respectable for a truck. Sharp looking truck. Even at 7 years old it looks fresh.

Suggested Improvements

Cheap plastic interior parts, though not a problem for me it does look a bit cheap. The brake rotors should be made to be replaceable without having to remove the axle.

Surprised
By jmatt360

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this truck used and was kinda hesitant about it's performance. After driving for awhile I was really impressed. Drove it 360 miles in one weekend and got great gas mileage. Estimated about 27 mpg with a load of furniture on the back. Sure it gets more without furniture. Loved the handling of it through Altanta traffic. Would recommend it to anyone interested in a mid - size truck.

The Little Truck That CAN'T
By Heather

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

This thing stinks. The the squeals loud when you make a left turn. (It's been serviced 4 times for this, Problem still Unknown) The lights on the stereo have gone out...twice. The A/C SWITCH has gone out twice, only 4 works. I am so frustrated with it. I have had enough and want my money back. The ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS scare me and I worry that I may be stuck on the side of the road with my baby boy. The inline 5 engine is crappy.

Favorite Features

Only the body style....thats about it.

Suggested Improvements

SELL IT, DONT BUY

Not happy
By not happy

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

I'm not happy with Colorado at all. The mpg is far less than rated. I could drive a full size pickup and get the same. Small inside, the back speakers quit working, the ac fan works sometime, plastic inside falling apart, seat belt falling apart. The screws fell out. I think the seat is going next. No power, I have 40k miles on it .

Favorite Features

Looks nice

Suggested Improvements

Chevy needs to get back to selling Chevy and not Isuzu with Chevy name on it. It's cheap, better gas mileage. I have a V8 that gets better

Not up to the standard
By Dennis G.

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

The truck overall is a good truck. It get great gas mileage. The fit and finish of the truck is my problem. It rattles, creeks and groans. I've had the truck since it was new and it sound like it's a old truck. The dash make noise and overall the truck just sounds old. Power is OK, but that's all. Not as good as a full size truck for the fit and finish

Favorite Features

Size of the truck, ease of handling & gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Improve the overall fit & finish.