2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Very Surprised.. And Happy with my Colorado
By colorred on 04/07/13 09:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Colorado used with only 48K miles on the OD. I've doubled that and it still runs like a top. I'll admit I was a bit of a skeptic but saw some positive reviews and I'm glad I took the chance. The inline 5 is a great engine, though not overly powerful it suits my needs perfectly. The crew cab has lots of comfortable space. So far (knock on wood) I've only performed regular maintenance and it hasn't required any repair needs. I keep the brake pads changed perhaps a little more often than normal as I was told new rotor replacements will be big bucks. They weren't designed to be changed easily.

Surprised
By jmatt360 on 10/08/12 07:47 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this truck used and was kinda hesitant about it's performance. After driving for awhile I was really impressed. Drove it 360 miles in one weekend and got great gas mileage. Estimated about 27 mpg with a load of furniture on the back. Sure it gets more without furniture. Loved the handling of it through Altanta traffic. Would recommend it to anyone interested in a mid - size truck.

The Little Truck That CAN'T
By Heather on 08/09/09 09:07 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

This thing stinks. The the squeals loud when you make a left turn. (It's been serviced 4 times for this, Problem still Unknown) The lights on the stereo have gone out...twice. The A/C SWITCH has gone out twice, only 4 works. I am so frustrated with it. I have had enough and want my money back. The ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS scare me and I worry that I may be stuck on the side of the road with my baby boy. The inline 5 engine is crappy.

Not happy
By not happy on 12/12/08 20:46 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

I'm not happy with Colorado at all. The mpg is far less than rated. I could drive a full size pickup and get the same. Small inside, the back speakers quit working, the ac fan works sometime, plastic inside falling apart, seat belt falling apart. The screws fell out. I think the seat is going next. No power, I have 40k miles on it .

Not up to the standard
By Dennis G. on 01/21/08 08:22 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

The truck overall is a good truck. It get great gas mileage. The fit and finish of the truck is my problem. It rattles, creeks and groans. I've had the truck since it was new and it sound like it's a old truck. The dash make noise and overall the truck just sounds old. Power is OK, but that's all. Not as good as a full size truck for the fit and finish

My last Chevy
By mikek on 10/21/07 15:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

There are just too many small trucks around today to have to settle for a Colorado. The actual mpg is far less than rated, the fit & finish trim work very poor, (loose and flimsy) and still priced around the better quality made trucks.

Good Truck for the Money
By pyz01 on 06/08/07 15:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

I really enjoy this truck. I wanted a small to midsize dependable truck. This was it. The other were too expensive and/or did not give the value for the money spent. Would be nice if it got better mileage, but I am not going to complain compared to others. I get about 17 in the city - 23 highway -which is pretty good. Excellent handling,good pickup. Drives smooth.

2006 Colorado Crew Cab LT 2wd Review
By tm4 on 03/01/07 12:51 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

So far I have enjoyed this truck. I've got the I-5 and it is quite powerful, it handles well at high speeds and is comfortable to sit in. The interior is utilitarian which makes it a little bland but very functional with controls easy to use and find. I had a problem, with the engine eary on, but the dealer fixed it under warantee and it's been fine ever since. Overall, I am glad I bought the truck and I haven't experienced all of the problems and flaws that others seem to talk about.

Great Truck
By Agdude on 01/27/07 18:12 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

I use the heck out of my truck. It is an '06 with 53.5k miles on it. I have the I-5 crew cab 2wd and love it. I get approx 23 mpg each tank combined, and never have had a problem with it mechanically. If you want reliability and good gas mileage then this truck is great. If you are looking for something fun to drive, I wouldn't recommend this truck. It's nice just nothing special. The lumbar support knob is weak and cracked within 3 months of owning my truck. The CD player acts funny when it plays CD's (volume adjustment lags). This truck is tough though and has lots of power. My only regret is not getting a 4x4 but was limited by price.

Fun to Drive!
By Jack on 07/13/06 22:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

I really enjoy driving this truck. It sits higher than the S-10 I had previously, and the ride is much smoother. My only disappointment is locally I only average about 14 to 15 mpg. However, I average 22 mpg on the highway. The crew cab's back seat is great, providing comfortable seating for adults! The bed is shorter than my previous truck, but still large enough to haul 4 by 8 sheets of plywood with the tailgate set in the 57 degree position. I also love the locking tailgate, which is a great idea since the tailgate is also removeable.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.