Used 2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Very Surprised.. And Happy with my Colorado
By colorred

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Colorado used with only 48K miles on the OD. I've doubled that and it still runs like a top. I'll admit I was a bit of a skeptic but saw some positive reviews and I'm glad I took the chance. The inline 5 is a great engine, though not overly powerful it suits my needs perfectly. The crew cab has lots of comfortable space. So far (knock on wood) I've only performed regular maintenance and it hasn't required any repair needs. I keep the brake pads changed perhaps a little more often than normal as I was told new rotor replacements will be big bucks. They weren't designed to be changed easily.

Favorite Features

Love the cab; size and comfort. Fuel mileage is respectable for a truck. Sharp looking truck. Even at 7 years old it looks fresh.

Suggested Improvements

Cheap plastic interior parts, though not a problem for me it does look a bit cheap. The brake rotors should be made to be replaceable without having to remove the axle.

Surprised
By jmatt360

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this truck used and was kinda hesitant about it's performance. After driving for awhile I was really impressed. Drove it 360 miles in one weekend and got great gas mileage. Estimated about 27 mpg with a load of furniture on the back. Sure it gets more without furniture. Loved the handling of it through Altanta traffic. Would recommend it to anyone interested in a mid - size truck.

Wimpy gas burner.
By Dave

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

This I5 engine is terrible. It runs like a 4 cylinder and burns gas like a 6 cylinder. The truck itself is generally comfortable and somewhat stylish, but it really needed a better engine and something that could get mileage closer to the estimate on the sticker. I've owned since it was new and I've actually had no major problems, but I'm tired of fighting the fuel bills and the lack of power.

Favorite Features

I like the way it gets around in the snow with the 4 wheel drive and I like the 4 door configuration.

Suggested Improvements

Put a GM 4.3 liter V-6 engine in this truck and it would be a winner.

06 Chevy Colorado LT 4WD 3.5L Inline 5
By Corey

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my Colorado for almost a year now. And so far I haven't had any problems besides the fuel economy.

Favorite Features

The ride is nice and smooth, and it sits pretty high up for a compact truck which is a huge plus for driving in traffic.

Suggested Improvements

Change the drum brakes to disc brakes for Z71/Z85 suspensions.

'06 Z85 Crew
By cameron

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased this truck a year ago. Have used it for city driving, long trips, and off roading. I have enjoyed it for all of them. The 3.5L is a little weak but not bad. Driving 65 on the interstate yields about 24mpg, 21mpg @ 75mph. We purchased this truck because it seemed like the best deal for a small 4-door 4x4 truck. We needed the back seat for an infant car seat. It has been a great truck so far with no problems. It even hauls more than I thought it would.

Favorite Features

Style, gas mileage, crew cab, handling.