2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Very Surprised.. And Happy with my Colorado
By colorred on 04/07/13 09:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Colorado used with only 48K miles on the OD. I've doubled that and it still runs like a top. I'll admit I was a bit of a skeptic but saw some positive reviews and I'm glad I took the chance. The inline 5 is a great engine, though not overly powerful it suits my needs perfectly. The crew cab has lots of comfortable space. So far (knock on wood) I've only performed regular maintenance and it hasn't required any repair needs. I keep the brake pads changed perhaps a little more often than normal as I was told new rotor replacements will be big bucks. They weren't designed to be changed easily.

Surprised
By jmatt360 on 10/08/12 07:47 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this truck used and was kinda hesitant about it's performance. After driving for awhile I was really impressed. Drove it 360 miles in one weekend and got great gas mileage. Estimated about 27 mpg with a load of furniture on the back. Sure it gets more without furniture. Loved the handling of it through Altanta traffic. Would recommend it to anyone interested in a mid - size truck.

Wimpy gas burner.
By Dave on 08/14/10 15:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

This I5 engine is terrible. It runs like a 4 cylinder and burns gas like a 6 cylinder. The truck itself is generally comfortable and somewhat stylish, but it really needed a better engine and something that could get mileage closer to the estimate on the sticker. I've owned since it was new and I've actually had no major problems, but I'm tired of fighting the fuel bills and the lack of power.

06 Chevy Colorado LT 4WD 3.5L Inline 5
By Corey on 08/08/10 13:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my Colorado for almost a year now. And so far I haven't had any problems besides the fuel economy.

'06 Z85 Crew
By cameron on 11/24/09 19:57 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased this truck a year ago. Have used it for city driving, long trips, and off roading. I have enjoyed it for all of them. The 3.5L is a little weak but not bad. Driving 65 on the interstate yields about 24mpg, 21mpg @ 75mph. We purchased this truck because it seemed like the best deal for a small 4-door 4x4 truck. We needed the back seat for an infant car seat. It has been a great truck so far with no problems. It even hauls more than I thought it would.

The Little Truck That CAN'T
By Heather on 08/09/09 09:07 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

This thing stinks. The the squeals loud when you make a left turn. (It's been serviced 4 times for this, Problem still Unknown) The lights on the stereo have gone out...twice. The A/C SWITCH has gone out twice, only 4 works. I am so frustrated with it. I have had enough and want my money back. The ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS scare me and I worry that I may be stuck on the side of the road with my baby boy. The inline 5 engine is crappy.

Not happy
By not happy on 12/12/08 20:46 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

I'm not happy with Colorado at all. The mpg is far less than rated. I could drive a full size pickup and get the same. Small inside, the back speakers quit working, the ac fan works sometime, plastic inside falling apart, seat belt falling apart. The screws fell out. I think the seat is going next. No power, I have 40k miles on it .

2006 4x4 Colorodo Crew Cab
By GAB on 05/09/08 17:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

I find this truck to be extremely comfortable. It has the Z71 package and the I5 engine. It pulls a light bass boat with ease and get respectable mpg about 17mpg to 22pg. It is loaded with leather and all the toys. Love the truck.

Pure Pleasure.
By kaetc81 on 04/08/08 10:06 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have enjoyed driving and owning this truck. It is comfortable for trips & long commutes, handles well in traffic and is most dependable. It works well for my personal hauling needs as well, great design features make it a handsome vehicle, one I am proud to own. The Onstar feature is great, the monthly report and diagnostics are an excellent tool for maintenance.

Just the right size
By metalbabbleDotcom on 04/05/08 08:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

I imagine most people come on these sites to complain about problems but not many people take the time to praise a dependable vehicle. The Colorado has been great, I drive 20k a year and it's well past it's warrenty period without a peep of trouble.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.