2006 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Very Surprised.. And Happy with my Colorado
By colorred on 04/07/13 09:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Colorado used with only 48K miles on the OD. I've doubled that and it still runs like a top. I'll admit I was a bit of a skeptic but saw some positive reviews and I'm glad I took the chance. The inline 5 is a great engine, though not overly powerful it suits my needs perfectly. The crew cab has lots of comfortable space. So far (knock on wood) I've only performed regular maintenance and it hasn't required any repair needs. I keep the brake pads changed perhaps a little more often than normal as I was told new rotor replacements will be big bucks. They weren't designed to be changed easily.

Emmission problemm not reported by cheve to customer
By nabid on 12/04/12 09:43 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have 2006 cheve colorado pick up,it failed several time smog test,i spent a lot of money to the local mechanics for diagnose,it came as internal leak,missfiring.it was a major manufacture deffect but Cheve never send me any letter to infor for any recall,finally when i took to dealer they told me there is a memo that this model has a deffect,they have to open all engine to fix the problem..i was shocked WHY CHEVE DID NOT INFORMED ME AND OTHERS CUSTMERS AND WERE CHEATING.ITS SHAME FOR CHEVE AND THEIR MANAGEMANT..WILL NEVER TRUST CHEVE AGAIN.

Surprised
By jmatt360 on 10/08/12 07:47 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this truck used and was kinda hesitant about it's performance. After driving for awhile I was really impressed. Drove it 360 miles in one weekend and got great gas mileage. Estimated about 27 mpg with a load of furniture on the back. Sure it gets more without furniture. Loved the handling of it through Altanta traffic. Would recommend it to anyone interested in a mid - size truck.

Reliable
By watchman3 on 11/09/11 15:09 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my truck since new and have put over 100K miles on her, now and have never experienced a single issue. I do regular maintenance and she is the most dependable vehicle I've ever owned.

Wimpy gas burner.
By Dave on 08/14/10 15:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

This I5 engine is terrible. It runs like a 4 cylinder and burns gas like a 6 cylinder. The truck itself is generally comfortable and somewhat stylish, but it really needed a better engine and something that could get mileage closer to the estimate on the sticker. I've owned since it was new and I've actually had no major problems, but I'm tired of fighting the fuel bills and the lack of power.

06 Chevy Colorado LT 4WD 3.5L Inline 5
By Corey on 08/08/10 13:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my Colorado for almost a year now. And so far I haven't had any problems besides the fuel economy.

Bad truck
By davescustomart on 07/08/10 22:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

My Colorado now has 60,000 miles on it, The clutch is gone, the 4 wheel drive just quit working I have rusty water in my oil. The ignition has a mind of its own. The heater works when IT wants to work. Overall BAD TRUCK! too much money not enough truck.

4 years and going strong
By John in Colorado on 06/23/10 19:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have now had the Colorado for 4 years and 26,000 miles. I have had no problems with this truck; my complaints are more related to design and engineering. This truck has a lot of little flaws that I believe could have been worked out by engineers with a little attention to details. For example: You can't put down the driver's sun visor without moving the rear view mirror. Then you need to adjust it back. Please! Also, when it's very cold (I'm in Colorado) the windows don't work properly or don't work at all until the interior warms up. Once again, what's all this testing I hear they do to vehicles. There's much more, but too little space.

Bad Engine
By Eddy on 05/25/10 11:50 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Around 2500 mile i had loss of power.And then around 16,000 mile timing chain and gears were replaced. And then around 18,000 mile the oil pump went out which caused the engine to go out. now it has been in the shop for about 8 weeks and GENERAL MOTORS says its not there problem because it is 2010 now even though problems started under there factory warranty. it has been a nightmare. i have always liked gm up till now, it wont happen again.

Quality Truck
By Racin'Jason on 03/13/10 06:07 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Colorado LS 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Owned for a year. Previous owner took care of the truck and kept it clean and serviced. I am doing the same. It runs well and am impressed by the quality of engineering. The ride is excellent, especially for a truck. As long as I keep it serviced on time I have seen no indication of any service issues either in person or in the internet.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.