Used 2006 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Reviews - 90 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Colorado

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Very Surprised.. And Happy with my Colorado
By colorred

2006 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Colorado used with only 48K miles on the OD. I've doubled that and it still runs like a top. I'll admit I was a bit of a skeptic but saw some positive reviews and I'm glad I took the chance. The inline 5 is a great engine, though not overly powerful it suits my needs perfectly. The crew cab has lots of comfortable space. So far (knock on wood) I've only performed regular maintenance and it hasn't required any repair needs. I keep the brake pads changed perhaps a little more often than normal as I was told new rotor replacements will be big bucks. They weren't designed to be changed easily.

Love the cab; size and comfort. Fuel mileage is respectable for a truck. Sharp looking truck. Even at 7 years old it looks fresh.

Cheap plastic interior parts, though not a problem for me it does look a bit cheap. The brake rotors should be made to be replaceable without having to remove the axle.

Emmission problemm not reported by cheve to customer
By nabid

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have 2006 cheve colorado pick up,it failed several time smog test,i spent a lot of money to the local mechanics for diagnose,it came as internal leak,missfiring.it was a major manufacture deffect but Cheve never send me any letter to infor for any recall,finally when i took to dealer they told me there is a memo that this model has a deffect,they have to open all engine to fix the problem..i was shocked WHY CHEVE DID NOT INFORMED ME AND OTHERS CUSTMERS AND WERE CHEATING.ITS SHAME FOR CHEVE AND THEIR MANAGEMANT..WILL NEVER TRUST CHEVE AGAIN.

All disappointed by Cheve..

Do not buy any Cheve car or truck

Surprised
By jmatt360

2006 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this truck used and was kinda hesitant about it's performance. After driving for awhile I was really impressed. Drove it 360 miles in one weekend and got great gas mileage. Estimated about 27 mpg with a load of furniture on the back. Sure it gets more without furniture. Loved the handling of it through Altanta traffic. Would recommend it to anyone interested in a mid - size truck.

Reliable
By watchman3

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my truck since new and have put over 100K miles on her, now and have never experienced a single issue.
I do regular maintenance and she is the most dependable vehicle I've ever owned.

I love that she looks and functions like a truck but the 4 cylinder 2.8 offers plenty of power and is VERY easy on the gas!! Avoid the I5 cylinder.

Stay away from the inline 5 cylinder that lacks power for a gas guzzler.

Wimpy gas burner.
By Dave

2006 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 4A)

This I5 engine is terrible. It runs like a 4 cylinder and burns gas like a 6 cylinder. The truck itself is generally comfortable and somewhat stylish, but it really needed a better engine and something that could get mileage closer to the estimate on the sticker. I've owned since it was new and I've actually had no major problems, but I'm tired of fighting the fuel bills and the lack of power.

I like the way it gets around in the snow with the 4 wheel drive and I like the 4 door configuration.

Put a GM 4.3 liter V-6 engine in this truck and it would be a winner.