2005 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Review: Z85 LS Chevy 4x4 5 cylinder 5

2005 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Review

Z85 LS Chevy 4x4 5 cylinder 5 speed 3.73 Gears
By Josh on

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z71 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in an 2002 TRD off road 4x4 V6 5 speed extended cab Toyota Tacoma for my Chevy Colorado last year. I must say that I'm satisfied with this truck. I get better miles to the gallon than the V6 Tacoma did, plus my turning radius is much tighter than before because I'm running a regular cab now, instead of extended cab. I replaced the stock factory tires that came with the truck for some 31x10.50-15 mudsters. Doing the tire switch solved most of the ground clearance problems I was having when off roading in the forest. My only problems with the truck so far have been: a rough idle engine miss for a few minutes during cold starts. This happened about 3 times during the cold winter months.

I like switching from 2WD high 4WD high while the truck is in motion. I like the regular cab 5 speed 5 cylinder option in a 4x4. I can go almost anywhere & everywhere with this truck because it's so little.

A six speed standard transmission or at least a 5 speed automatic, 4 more inches of ground clearance all around in 4x4 trim would be nice, a bigger engine for the 4 door guys would help!