2005 Chevrolet Colorado 3.5L 5-cyl. 4-speed Automatic 5.1 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Very Reliable Truck - Trailers

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab - Consumer Review

Very Reliable Truck - Trailers Great!!
By scott on

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I have had pretty good luck with this Chevy. I bought it with 8K miles, and it now has 52K miles. I have driven across country with a boat trailer weighing 2500 lbs, as well as a camper weighing 3000 lbs, and also a camper weighing 4000 lbs. It pulled all of the trailers smoothly with no problem. It has the sport suspension package which helps great for handling. The longest drive with a trailer was about 600 miles, and it was the 4000 lb(24 ft) camper, I had no problem keeping it at 60-65 mph across KS and MO. I had the stabilizer bars on. It handles a trailer great with the added Class III hitch, aftermarket. Best gas mileage I had was 26mpg with full bed going 65mph.

Favorite Features

I like the daytime running lamps, fog lamps and the low stance. It also has very easy to use controls. It can haul a motorcycle just fine with the tailgate held halfway open.

Suggested Improvements

Offer an upgrade available to increase the older 3.5L to 3.7L. I would like a little bit more room in the rear seat for passengers.