Truck for the right price
By Matt on
2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)
Never owned a Chevy before because they always seem cheaply made. The Colorado is better, but GM still has a long way to go if they expect to compete with any other brand. Love the looks from a distance, but the plastic grill, interior, seats, wheels, you name it look like a toy. The interior looks and feels like my kids toys. On the good side; good size truck for a family vehicle with decent power and MPG (although not good enough to justify purchasing the 5 over better engines. I towed an enclosed 4x8 trailer loaded with about 1k lbs from Grand Rapid to St Louis (mostly flat) and the tranny drove me nuts shifting gears all the time. All in all, this is a OK truck for my wifes DD.
Favorite Features
Front end looks from a distance. Good size truck for a family of 4. Price ($23K OTD) Stock stereo is pretty good. Lots of leg room up front for 6'+. Hope it will get to 23+ MPG some day. Better than my wife Contour we had before it. Spead of the power windows. RPMS @ 70MPH. Sorry, best I can do.
Suggested Improvements
GM did it again, to much cheap looking plastic...! Wheels suck. 6 or even an 8cyl. Come on, a lot 6 cyl engine get 20+ MPG. Hell, my friends 97 full size chevy w/ 5.7 get low 20's/highway. Power roof=waste of money. Better seats. PLEASE offer 5 or 6 speed manual with Z71. Overhead storage area