Solid like a rock
By lovethetruck on
2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)
Great all around truck for me. Love the exterior, sharper than all of the competition. The interior isn't anything special, but it's a truck, not a Cadillac. On long trips my right leg sits uncomfortable due to the transmission hub while using the cruise. But, I am 6'4". I don't haul much, so it was a great fit. Engine has plenty of power and does all that I ask of it. I don't hot rod around town but when I press the gas, it's always been there. Feels like it has more if I needed it. Very fun in snow. The truck brakes well, it doesn't seem to nose-dive at quick stops (could be the Z71 suspension). I averaged 20 mpg all around for the last year. Not one regret since I bought.
Favorite Features
Clean lines exterior. Z71 w/o 4WD. Comfortable front seats(cloth buckets) that support well, lumbar is a must. Full size feel to the rear cabin. Great balance of power and ecomomy. Side impact airbags. Responsive steering that holds well wind.
Suggested Improvements
Rear headrests that can be removed for greater visibility-good habit to check blind spots though. Larger fuel tank. 6-speed transmission. Wheel mounted audio controls. Better DIC- Miles to empty, etc.