She's A Keeper
By tonkatruk on
2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)
I've owned my crew Z71 for a little over 2 years now, haven't experienced problem one to date. It's funny because my wife has a Sequoia that she just had to have, purchased it before I bought my truck. 9 times out of 10 if she's running out for an errand she grabs my keys! With a daughter just beginning to drive guess who's vehicle she constantly want's to take as well. I may be needing to buy another one here in the near future, hope they put one out soon with a 6 cylinder, that would make my day. I'm getting about 21.7 MPG on the highway with a full crew in it, not too bad for a crew pick-up. Love the Z71 stance, feels big ... without the cost of driving big. Kudos to Chevy on this one.
Favorite Features
I like the bench seat with the ability to throw in a 6th occupant when in need. Also, like the Z71 suspension without having to add the 4 wheel drive. Handling around town and on the highway is firm and predictable.
Suggested Improvements
Upgrade to interior plastics, maybe more textures instead of the simulated grain. More choices of seat fabrics and carpet.