2005 Chevrolet Colorado 2.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual 5.1 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Great truck, great mileage

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab - Consumer Review

Great truck, great mileage
By teflonjpr2 on

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the truck after much research. Wanted the utility of a truck, something that could tow a 16ft boat, yet had acceptable mileage. I have had the truck for a month, and love it. I have put 4000 miles on it, and routinely get 25+ mpg (even with the 5 cyl). I have seen others complaining about the mileage, but don't know what differential they have, and recommend at least the 3.73, and I have the 3.42. The ride and acceleration are excellent, even compared to the car I was driving before. The steering is a bit soft in tight turns, but no worse than any other trucks I have owned. Overall, I couldn't find a better deal out there.

Favorite Features

The sunroof really makes this truck awesome, but this kind of gas mileage from a truck, with the smooth and quiet ride, and more room than a car, plus a bed are why I bought it.

Suggested Improvements

Add the 4.2L 6 cyl for those who want more power/towing. A navigation system like the Trailblazer wouldn't hurt either.