2005 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Review: Good Little Truck

2005 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Review

Z85 LS Extended Cab Pickup (2.8L 4-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual 6.1 ft. Bed)

Good Little Truck
By Jon N. on

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z85 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I did a lot of homework before buying this truck and test drove most of the competitors. I liked the Colorado and it met my needs at least as well as any of the others, but I was concerned because of the poor reviews the "experts" had given it. I think the experts missed the boat on this one. I had a couple of rough spots with it right out of the box (electrical problems and front end alignment) but these were quickly corrected by my dealer and I have been very pleased with it for the nearly three years I have owned it. Performance, utility and appearance are excellent and it has done all I've asked of it. Don't be fooled by the poor reviews - this is a nice little truck.

The 3.5 engine is high-tech and gives great performance and mileage (always in the low to mid 20 mpg area on the highway.) Fit and finish is quite good, and although many have complained about the interior quality, I find it comfortable and very adequate for a pickup. Appearance is a plus, too.

The newer GM products have achieved a higher quality of fit and finish than this vehicle has. Although quite good, I think this could be improved to a point where it would compare with what they are turning out now (check the 2009 Malibu.) Maybe it already has improved on the newer Colorados.