2005 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Review: Bestest vehicle I ever owned

2005 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Review

Z71 LS Crew Cab Pickup (3.5L 5-cyl. 4-speed Automatic 5.1 ft. Bed)

Bestest vehicle I ever owned
By persianguy40 on

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

OK. I owned a 1987 VW Golf in the 90s. 1995 BMW 325is in late 90s. Ford sport trac 2001. Toyota Tercel 1993. Toyota Corolla 2005.
Any finally my beloved 2005 4 door colorado 2-wheel drive.
This is a perfect vehicle. Not too small, not too big. Looks good and aggressive. Engine sounds good, sporty, reliable. 5 cylinder engine sounds weird but it works great. Compared to my friends who have 6 or 8 cylinder trucks this truck is very easy on gasoline. I get 27 miles/gallon on freeway, and 22 on streets. Don't forget this is a truck, and you can do all things a truck can do with this awsome truck.
I bouight the truck in 2007. It had 50,000 milies on it. Now it has 99,500.

Reliability is very important to me, because I am an aircraft mechanic and have to drive from state to state for my job. I drove from Los Angeles to Atlanta with this truck. 4 people in the car, buynch of heavy stuff in on the truck bed, towing a very heavy full trailer...and for almost 4000 miles I had no problem. I drove from LA to Atlanta in the mids of summer. The only problem I had was that the battery overheated. THAT's IT!! This is the most reliable vehicle money can buy. In almost 5 years of ownership and almost 50,000 milies all I had to do was change battery and I recently put new breaks. Knock on wood the engine never gave me a problem, and I really worked that engine to the full.

interior has some minor problems. Passengers in the back don't have enough legrooms for long distances. Remember I drove from LA to Atlanta with my parents, and It wasn't comfortable in the back. But for short distanced and considering this is a compact truck it is fine. Biggest problem with this truck is the small glove box... Mechanically this car never breaks down, and beside the small glove box i can't find any other problem to report...that and no legroom for passengers in the back seats.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review