Best new truck around.
By Chevydriver on
2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)
I have the Z85 LS 2wd Crew Cab with the I5 3.5L engine and auto tran. This truck replaced a '97 S-10 LS Ext. Cab. Although the truck is really new, I don't see any outstanding complaints. It is very fuctional and most of all, fun to drive. The features you get these days on GM trucks is impressive for the price. I did my comparison homework and found that with all the rebates from GM and low MSRP, the Colorado is the best value in its class. Althoug the Crew Cab shortens the bed to 5', it does not look carlike compared to a Ford Sport-trac. With the additon of the towing package you have room for 5 people, the gear in the bed and a smaller "toy" to haul to the lake or woods!
Favorite Features
The best features on the LS package are all the goodies that the old S-10 LS didn't have...tilt wheel, cruise, traction control, driver info. center, AM/FM/CD/MP3, and a much wider cabin. The truck looks similar to its big brother, the Silverado, but gets much better gas mileage and turn radius.
Suggested Improvements
The only improvement I'd suggest right now is to heighten the quality appearance of the interior. The S-10 had more vinyl and fabric on the doors which the Colorado lacks. The pedals are a bit too close for a wide cabin, minus a clutch pedal. No locking steering wheel for some reason either.