2005 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Review: Almost perfect mid-size truck

2005 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Review

Almost perfect mid-size truck
By Ed on

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

The Colorado has great pulling power as I am a landscaper and have no trouble consistently towing 3000+ pds.The gas mileage for city driving while pulling my trailer is a consistent 14 mpg.17 mpg if not towing in city.24 mpg in highway driving. I have the inline 5 cylinder engine, and it provides better acceleration than my 4-wheel drive,351cu.-in. full size truck! That truck gets 8mpg pulling trlr in city compared to my colorados 14mpg. The gas savings alone are paying for the chevy...The only drawback to this model is the seats are really not very comfortable, and the passing gear relly jerks your head rearward if you stomp on the gas to get around someone.My favorite part of truck is looks!

Looks;gas mileage;pulling power;acceleration;performance;versatil ity for work or play.

Refine shifting charecteristics; Refine cruise control to go along with smoother shifting while transitioning to passing gear so whip-lash would not be such a concern for me and my passengers; Redesign seats for more comfort;