2005 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Review: All of the Above

2005 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Review

All of the Above
By rollingshadow on

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Great truck so far. Bought a 2004 from the internet based only on the available reviews, features, price, and looks. Everything was true. Good power, torque, handling, ride quality, interior and bed space. Mediocre interior, flat bucket seats, lots of plastic. After 3000 miles I am very happy. The I5 and 4L60e work together beautifully. Quick shifts and instant downshifts. No busy shifting. Excellent ride quality and impressive handling for a small truck. The new I5 engine is impressive but has to prove it's long term reliability. I am so happy to finally drive a vehicle that has over 200 ft lbs of torque available from a small engine.

Favorite Features

Power, torque, handling, ride quality, looks, price, reliability, although yet to be proven.

Suggested Improvements

remove rear headrests (blocks vision and prevents reclining front seats when folded flat) rear window defroster softer armrests, especially on console plastic tailgate handle is gonna break, especially when frozen. adjustable pedals and/or steering better seats (hire a good ergonomics engineer)