2005 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
First Chevrolet Truck Experience
By BWSwmr on 01/17/06 15:49 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I received this truck in May as a company vehicle, and since picking it up new, it has 25,000 miles on it. I've experienced only one problem with this vehicle - the coating on the radio buttons chips off, exposing the white plastic behind. All in all, the quality has been un-like that of any other American car I've ever driven. It's solid, well designed, the interior is well executed, and it's extremely quiet. I do find the driver and passenger seats extremely uncomfortable however - all though it's a truck, and sits up high, the seats are essentially on the floor - leaving me with my knees in my chest when driving. Perhaps making all seats power would fix this??

Fun in Florida
By Joe in FL on 01/16/06 01:28 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the truck for about 6 months now and it is awesome! The 3.5L is worth the money... if you like performance and fuel economy, that is. My city and 80mph highway driving continually averages better than 20mpg. This is good for me because I have a lead foot. The A/C is cold, and cools quickly (and I live in Miami). It looks very, very much like a Honda inside, and classy with silver accents, which is to say 'better than a Honda.' Maybe I'm easily pleased - go to a dealer and see for yourself. I'm trying to think of something bad to say about it.... (nothing yet).

Rick's 2006 Colorado
By Rick on 12/30/05 08:05 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I like the truck very much. It does everything I would like in a truck. I would recommend buying one, or a GMC since they are about the same. Especially planning ahead and using the GM Master Card and Employee Pricing.

Americal built
By Pete on 12/20/05 21:50 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven this truck in summer, fall and winter it has been reliable, safe, and very useful. I have had NO trouble with it at all. The fit and finish are comparable with the Toyota and Nissan that I test drove. It is quiter than the Ford and more economical than the Dodge.

2005 GMC Canyon
By chevylover1965 on 12/11/05 15:31 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

This truck is a cheaply built vehilce. Most notably the air conditioning is junk. Many owners are complaining about the vent temperature surging from cold to warm along with a whistling noise eminating from under the dash. GM will not admit they have a problem. The dealer told me they can't fix it. So I'm stuck.

Good Bang for Buck
By Colorado LS on 12/02/05 13:11 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z85 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this truck for only 5 months but it has been great so far. It gets great gas mileage (22highway) for a 4x4 truck and 5 cylinder engine (also comes in 2x4, and 4 cylinder engine). This truck is small, drives more like a car than any other truck I have driven, very manuverable and convenient. Compared to any other trucks on the market I think that the Colorados and Canyons (GMC same thing, different label) are the best deal.

Colorado Z71 crew cab
By Justin Barbato on 11/27/05 19:05 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

For the money it is the best compact pickup out there. I have about 8000 miles on it so far and it gets about 19-20 mpg. It cost me about 5 to 6 thousand less than a Frontier or Tacoma. Great buy.

I love my truck!
By Leah on 11/04/05 17:24 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Before deciding to make the jump from fun car (my Mustang) to a small truck I did a lot of research on what was out there. The Colorado kept coming out on top, so when I went "shopping" I saved the Chevy lot until last. I found the Colorado to be the best built and best looking of all the trucks I looked at and drove. 3 months down the road I am as pleased today with the truck as the day I bought it, and with the dealership that sold it to me. I highly recommend the Colorado, and to those of you near Troy, Ohio; Joe Johnson Chevrolet. (I have the 4WD Z71 Extended Cab LS package in Superior Blue, its a beauty!)

Good truck for price.
By Bud on 10/30/05 16:12 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the truck in June of this year. So far it has been OK. Handling is great and fuel mileage is also great. Overall this is a great truck.

Colorado
By Bob on 10/23/05 19:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

It's been a fun vehicle with lots of utility for a value priced truck. Great gas mileage. Highway up to 30 mpg.