Used 2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 127 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Bad luck
By bclocke

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the truck because I am a huge chevy fan. My prior vehicle was the S- 10 and should have kept it. I have had the Colorado for a year and had it to the dealer 6 times for repair, twice for the same thing! It has cost a lot of wasted time. I would strongly recommend using caution when buying a first year model!

Good power and spacious interior

Improve front suspention design

Colorado
By josh1usa

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I was just hit by a Honda Odyssey that ran a red light. My truck weathered the blow pretty well considering I was not moving and the other car was going about 45 mph. My daughter and I walked away from the wreck with no injuried and the truck remained remarkably intact with the excepton of the hubcaps that were shattered, and the rear axle was twisted (the other car hit me directly in the rear tires). I loved that truck, I miss it, and plan on getting another one.

I loved the simple, yet new styling of the interior. I also liked the smooth freeway handling and surprisinngly high power and speed I got from the 4 cyl engine! It is easy to work on myself on the simple routine maintenance such as oil, oil filter, air filter, and brake pad changes.

Slightly higher ground clearance. A DC outlet on the tailgate.

Colorado Review
By Rinasg

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Base Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

This roomy little truck drives smoothly and saves me a lot on gas. I can haul my son's gokart around with no problem. I can seat up to six people comfortably and I get many compliments on its good looks.

The skinny on the Colorado
By Ryan

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

The Colorado rides like a full size and is as comfortable in every way as any truck on the market. With power everything and plenty of power in the 3.5 L 5 cyl for your everyday hauling and stop and go traffic it leaves one wondering....why didn't anyone think of the 5 cyl before? I like the lines on the body, they are simple and catch the eye with its square ends. This truck is almost exactly like the Slverado in cosmetics, and it is perfect for the anti-suv population who still want to haul the kids and the u-haul, with comparable fuel economy.

Pwer everything, curtain airbags in the front, nice sound system, good exhaust off the lot.

Culd use more low end torque, and a better air induction system

Junkyard dog
By GoldRider

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Usually when I purchase a car I go in knowning that I am going to get stuck some kind of way. But after I get the car I usually get over getting the shaft because I enjoyed the car so much. Not this case, the Chevy Colorado is a junk man's dream. I have ridden in wheel barrows that ride better. And I would love to meet the engineer who put the gas and brake peddle so close together that my foot actually got caught in the controls. I gave my Colorado a quicky divorce and married the Chevy Impala SS. That is a match made in heaven. Downside the trade in value of the Colorado was so low I was way upside down.

It looked good on the outside

More power, better foot controls, carpet that doesn't shed like a dog the first time it's vacuumed. Improve the turning radius so that it can turn sharper than a mining truck.