2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Great truck, great mileage
By teflonjpr2 on 08/05/05 22:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the truck after much research. Wanted the utility of a truck, something that could tow a 16ft boat, yet had acceptable mileage. I have had the truck for a month, and love it. I have put 4000 miles on it, and routinely get 25+ mpg (even with the 5 cyl). I have seen others complaining about the mileage, but don't know what differential they have, and recommend at least the 3.73, and I have the 3.42. The ride and acceleration are excellent, even compared to the car I was driving before. The steering is a bit soft in tight turns, but no worse than any other trucks I have owned. Overall, I couldn't find a better deal out there.

Great Truck for the price
By WVU on 08/01/05 10:40 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I was looking for a decent mid-size truck with decent gas mileage. I narrowed it down to 3 trucks. Colorado, Frontier and the Tacoma. I ruled the Dakota out because their V6 model does not have enough ponies and their V8 is a gas hog and has less or only slightly more HP then its competitors. I really wanted the Tacoma or Frontier becasue both have great HP for a V6. But the price for these trucks is outrageous because the dealers will not deal. I went with the Colorado because of price. My truck stickered at $29,500. I paid $22,000 because of the rebates and GM employee price that was offered. You can get a Colorado for $7,000 to $8,000 cheaper then its competition, so it's a no brainer.

Wanted more, it is what it is!
By The Rig on 07/30/05 20:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I will say that the exterior of the vehicle is hands down the best of all the compact trucks on the market. I was also very surprised at how much room this truck has for my boy's car seat in this roomy crew. The Tacoma just did not have that kind of room. Though here is where it goes wrong for me. The truck just seems cheaply made. From the cheap looking interior, to the rough fit of the doors. I was spoiled with my '03 Honda Accord and just need to remember I guess, that this vehicle is American made, and it is what it is.

2005 Colorado Z71 4x4
By Larry Heyen on 07/29/05 21:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

It does have a vibration at highway speed. GM says it's the tires, so I'm about ready to put Goodyear's or Michelin's. It's had three set's of General's & didn't fix the problem.

Need a Truck and an SUV? Here it is!
By Mike on 07/28/05 21:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Good space inside. Great ride quality, very quiet. I don't know why most "professional" reviewers don't like the seats. The upgraded leather package seat are fantastic! Some inside features could use redesign, but mostly they are the "little things" The cupholders are horrible, useless! Cruise control arm is confusing. No footrest/deadpedal on driver's side gets annoying on longer drives. Too much gray plastic in general. The door panels are rough, and the armrest is uncomfortable. Great stereo. Go for the XM. Awesome looks, and very solid fuel economy. Great backseat utility in the crew cab model. I've had four buddies in the truck 6ft+ in the backseat 3 wide and it's fine for local drives.

Truck for the right price
By Matt on 07/28/05 15:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Never owned a Chevy before because they always seem cheaply made. The Colorado is better, but GM still has a long way to go if they expect to compete with any other brand. Love the looks from a distance, but the plastic grill, interior, seats, wheels, you name it look like a toy. The interior looks and feels like my kids toys. On the good side; good size truck for a family vehicle with decent power and MPG (although not good enough to justify purchasing the 5 over better engines. I towed an enclosed 4x8 trailer loaded with about 1k lbs from Grand Rapid to St Louis (mostly flat) and the tranny drove me nuts shifting gears all the time. All in all, this is a OK truck for my wifes DD.

Neat Truck
By Danny on 07/25/05 10:24 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I bought the Xtreme package, it really gets a lot of looks. The truck has not had any real problems yet, and I now have 6500 miles on it. There is a ringing noise when the A/C is on. The dealer says the entire dash has to be removed to fix the noise. I really do not want the dash taken out, I am afraid the dash will rattle. The interior materials are very cheap. The truck is fun to drive. My intial MPG was almost 25 on the highway, but mileage has now dropped to about 20 MPG.

Good truck for family of 4
By ktmmike on 07/16/05 18:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

The truck is not to big or too small. I travel mostly by myself, so having a full size truck would be a waste. The Colorado drives really nice & quiet! I had an S-10 with v6 (1999) and this truck runs circles around it. Gas mileage on highway, up & down hills is about 21-22mpg. In town about 19-20. So far no problems. The only problem I see that's out there, is the price of these trucks (Toyotas, Fords, Dodges etc.). It's out of control!

Regular Cab LS / Automatic w/3.5
By KC on 07/15/05 15:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

The truck rides and drives just like a midsize car, not like what most people think of for a pickup trip. I have the base suspension, not the stiff off road suspension, yet I have 4WD. That makes for a much smoother ride. Even my wife thinks it drives and rides very well.The seats are supportive yet comfortable. So far, a great purchase for our family! :)

Great Truck
By Dave on 07/15/05 15:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I did a lot of research between the Tundra, Frontier and Colorado, and with the latest GM discounts the Colorado wins because it gets better MPG. If you need to tow anything over 5000# you really need a full size pickup, and although the Colorado tows less that the Tundra and Frontier, it feels just as tough.