2005 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Colorado in Michigan
By Rose on 03/15/06 11:40 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I like the looks, the height, and the handling. I can seat 5 people and, by putting a fiberglass tonneau cover on the bed, I have the greatest "trunk". No putting down seats to haul stuff. During my first snow storm experience, the four-wheel drive functioned great. However,without a rear window defroster, the rear window and back side windows fogged/iced up and my outside mirrors were covered by falling snow, so to me, this is a safety concern. I went to my GM dealer, as well as 5 off-market businesses, looking for a rear window defroster, but no one makes it.

2 door 3.5 eng with 4WD
By KerryC on 03/03/06 11:25 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z85 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

The interior space in the 2 door regular cab is plenty for me. I like the MP3 system / stereo. The 3.5 eng has plenty of zip and torque. Overall, the size makes is easy to drive in traffic. 4WD in Wisconsin winter weather is great! I found this to be much more reasonable price wise to the Toyota which I also considered.

Forget the reviews, REAL LIFE EXPERIENCE
By imagesinvinyl on 03/01/06 21:27 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I owned my truck for about 7 months now, and I was recently involved in a horrendous rollover accident in it. I was a sleeping passenger while a friend drove in route to Portland, OR. Needless to say, he fell asleep, I awoke to the truck losing all control and ultimately flipping several times. It was completely destroyed, not one part was left un-damaged. He and I both were wearing seatbelts, and both walked away. Banged up and bruised, but walked away, or should I say crawled out through a rear door window opening. DON'T TRY THIS, but I am buying another Chevy. We lived with minor injuries.

Great Little Truck!
By chonny on 03/01/06 02:42 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I really enjoy driving this truck. I've had no problems at all. I have yet to get under 21 mpg. Have gotten as high as 28.1. The 2.8L 4cyl is very surprising in the amount of power it puts out. Would definitely buy another one if I was in the market.

This is a great truck!
By Patrick Moore on 02/25/06 22:19 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Colorado LS. It has plenty of power. It has good looks, and a nicely designed interior that is comfortable. It has nice options including traction control, compass, thermometer, sliding back glass, power windows, auto darkening rearview, fog lights, 3.5 liter engine, 6 cd changer, and a good trim package. It gets good fuel mileage. The pricing was right too. To me there is just no other truck that compares. I get exited just thinking about driving it to work. I just love driving it!

Solid like a rock
By lovethetruck on 02/24/06 10:16 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Great all around truck for me. Love the exterior, sharper than all of the competition. The interior isn't anything special, but it's a truck, not a Cadillac. On long trips my right leg sits uncomfortable due to the transmission hub while using the cruise. But, I am 6'4". I don't haul much, so it was a great fit. Engine has plenty of power and does all that I ask of it. I don't hot rod around town but when I press the gas, it's always been there. Feels like it has more if I needed it. Very fun in snow. The truck brakes well, it doesn't seem to nose-dive at quick stops (could be the Z71 suspension). I averaged 20 mpg all around for the last year. Not one regret since I bought.

Very pleasant surprise
By Matt Condran on 02/15/06 02:27 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I was tired of my older Nissan P/U, no power, no interior space and so on. I was going to buy a new Ford F-150, but after seeing a Colorado on the freeway I decided to go look at one. I was starting to get hooked on the looks of the Z71, then drove it and wow, the power of that small engine. Everything about it suited me perfect. Its been 9 months now and I'm happier than ever about buying it!

Average truck
By golden on 02/03/06 20:36 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a pretty average truck. It doesnt really excel in any area. I went on a trip to Wisconsin and was driving thru the mountains and the little 4 cylinder engine could not take it. It's comfortable inside but not great. Long trips are tiring. The manual is pretty good but needs a broader range of shifting. And what is up with no key holes on the passenger door?!!!

My 05 Colorado LS
By Terese Foster on 01/29/06 18:35 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Fun truck to drive, very sporty & handles very well. Just wish the seats were little bit more comfortable.

Uncomfortable ride
By Dave on 01/23/06 13:36 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Colorado as a replacement for my S10. As a long time Chevrolet customer I was very disappointed in the ride. My standard cab seat is very uncomfortable to the point I have been trying to trade or get rid of it already. My back's taking a beating. Other than poor ride it seems to handle good and has been dependable. I sought help from the dealer and from Chevrolet without relief. Factory said too bad thats the way its made and there is no defect. Looking for something else