2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Love my truck
By Chris on 09/02/05 22:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I bought my Colorado when the S-10 that I was driving died, and it was a very good decision I must say. I was looking into other light duty trucks, but I am glad that I chose the Colorado. It get's better gas mileage than any of the other trucks I was looking at, and right now that's pretty important. What I was suprised about was that for being only a 5 cylinder truck, it has more power than I expected it to.

Silver Bullet
By S W T on 09/02/05 14:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

This truck is a huge improvement over my 95 S-10. Much larger, taller, tighter, more powerful. The 5-cyl, 3500 motor is responsive. Not race like performance (it is a truck), but quick when needed. The transmission does tend to search for the right gear too much. The truck is extremely quiet, has a solid but comfortable ride, and has adequate gas milage for a mid size pickup. Making the Z-71 suspension available in a 2WD is a good move by Chevrolet. The package makes the truck look much better without the expense of 4WD on a vehicle that will not be taken off road.

Great Truck
By Brian Ludwig on 09/01/05 18:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

My wife and I have owned our Colorado for just over a year now. She uses it to travel for work and as our grocery getter. So far the truck has only given us one problem and that is with the sterio speakers. We keep the oil changed and the tires balanced and rotated, the alignment gets checked every 3 to 4 months, and is only slightly out in toe as expected. Other than that, basic maintainance, and the truck is awesome. I would recomend this truck to anyone wanting a clear view of the road and who doesn't tow heavy loads, especially if you have kids or pets. We just wish it got a little better milage (Best 22 on highway, 19 in town). Thank you Chevrolet.

Very satisfied, but room for change
By Scott on 08/20/05 09:21 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

The appearance of the 05 Colorado is one of the best I've seen. The four door design and the addition of the side curtain airbags were a selling point. I have noticed tight quarters near the gas/brake pedals which concern me the longer I drive it. The exhaust noise doesn't seem to fit the statement the tough exterior makes. With a few changes I'm confident that the Colorado will be the leading compact truck on the market.

Like a Rock! Z71 Colorado
By Kevin on 08/19/05 16:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Plain and simple truck inside. No problems with layout of panels and radio. Outside looks great. Rough and ready. Just to give you an idea. I was leaving work and I witnessed a gentlemen standing in the parking lot saying as I pulled out "Nice looking truck"! Chevy got it right with this truck. You can't go wrong. I couldn't pass up the employee pricing and got a loaded Z71, AT, 4 dr crew cab. You can't be the MPG. I am getting 20 in town and 23 on the hiway.

Looks Good, Runs Good, But Bad Fan
By B-Cat on 08/18/05 20:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I love the Chevy Colorado for its fuel economy and stylish exterior. However, my fan only runs on high. The other 3 speeds don't do a thing. It wasn't purchased like this, but seems to be a manufacturer defect. Three months ownership and 3 trips to have the fan repaired. The Chevy Colorado loses much of its sportiness with this problem.

Very Good Truck
By Stevereno on 08/17/05 14:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I got the Z85 LS automatic with the I5 engine. The truck is very useful. Lots of room on the inside for the 4 door crew cab. Very attactive appearance. You can beat this truck for the money. I would have spent a good bit more on a Dakota.

Colo"RAD"o
By Alex123 on 08/12/05 01:02 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

This truck looks great and is great to drive. It has all the power I need and responds well.

My Colorado
By Wells on 08/09/05 16:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Base Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I enjoy driving my Colorado very much. I used to have a Ranger. It handles real good and has pretty good gas mileage, which we need here in Southern California. I like the feel of a midsize car, but the looks of a truck.

First New Truck
By Zach on 08/09/05 12:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I purchased this truck after having a 1991 Nissan Ext Cab 2WD and it is great. I average 22 MPG, mostly on the highway. I use the OnStar to run fire/EMS calls to find addresses. I love it. I may make aftermarket changes for performance, but it's great right off the lot.