Used 2005 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Colorado

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Works fine for me
By Bradley Boersema

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my pickup for 2 years now, and I have only had to take it in once for a fuel sensor. Other than that I have had no problems with it. It's a great little commuter and play truck. I have even added several of my own feaures that was so easy to instal on this particular model (C B radio and anntennas, touch screen DVD/radio, side running lights, cold air intake). I love this truck and so does every one else in the neighborhood.

Favorite Features

Everything. It all works so well for everyday things.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing

2005 Chevy Colorado Z71 Ext. Cab
By Dave

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Driving the vehicle on a day to day basis the gas mileage averages around 18 mpg. Lacking power in some conditions and interior is cheap. The vehicle has some excess noise as well inside. Overall though the vehicle is better than the majority of the competetion. I am 35 years old and this is my 48th vehicle. I have had Porsche's, Merc's, and all sorts of SUVs, trucks. This one is just fine and the competion is lacking in space, comfort, and overall fit and finish, especially on their exteriors.

Favorite Features

4WD system is second to none. Strong tow for a midsize truck. Suspension rocks.

Suggested Improvements

Interior fit and finish. 27000 dollars you should get sunroof and ipod kit and maybe navigation.

perfect
By pb

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Truck was my office. Put over 103,735 miles on in two and half yrs. Rear ujoint only thing replaced besides tires. From the hottest humid weather to -12 actual temp no problems starting. Rolled begining of feb 08 on to roof. Truck totaled. Cab held up with windshield spider cracking in one corner and that's it. Walked away no sctraches. Drove truck home when rolled onto wheels.

Favorite Features

Tow package. Used to pull down a barn

Suggested Improvements

None

Hoping For More
By pricezright

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z85 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I talked myself into buying this Chevy because I didn't want to pay an extra 4K for the Tacoma. I tried to look past the Consumer Report ratings, but they are pretty much dead on. The gas mileage is not bad, but not great either for a 5 cyl. I average 18.5 MPG in the summer with a mix of hilly and flat driving. Winter (with warming the car up) it averages 15.5 MPG. Towing a small trailer isn't too bad, except going up hills. Handling is good. Extended cab access is good. I like the size of the truck. Interior is cheap, seats are cheap. I've had it to the dealer 3 or 4 times in less than a year, luckily the warranty covered it all. Bed feels like it's made of tin. Won't buy again.

Favorite Features

Size, handling, styling, push button 4wd, compass/temp rear mirror

Suggested Improvements

Cheap paint, cheap interior, cheap metal bed, mileage not that much better than stronger trucks, poor reliability

Decent but could be better
By olcrank

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Everything about this truck is pretty good. Nothing is falling off, it handles and drives pretty well, it's good looking, just not exciting. Chevy could make a few changes and have a great truck instead of a bland truck.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage is good (for a pickup). Nice looking vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger glovebox. Dashboard cubbies would be nice. Bigger center console/armrest. Better seats. Dead pedal. Spend a few dollars Chevy! You could have a great truck!