2005 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Colorado Review
By Rinasg on 06/24/06 21:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Base Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

This roomy little truck drives smoothly and saves me a lot on gas. I can haul my son's gokart around with no problem. I can seat up to six people comfortably and I get many compliments on its good looks.

Nothing better Quality Control won't fix
By Dalien on 06/13/06 23:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

A really nice vehicle for the price. It drives well, rides well, and the strong 5 cyl engine gives a steady 23 mpg mixed use. Wish it had come with XM radio, but those were hard to find. I immediately flushed out the cheap tires for Michelins. There were too many warranty trips to fix dumb things, but the warranty service was excellent and no hassle.

The skinny on the Colorado
By Ryan on 05/30/06 11:38 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

The Colorado rides like a full size and is as comfortable in every way as any truck on the market. With power everything and plenty of power in the 3.5 L 5 cyl for your everyday hauling and stop and go traffic it leaves one wondering....why didn't anyone think of the 5 cyl before? I like the lines on the body, they are simple and catch the eye with its square ends. This truck is almost exactly like the Slverado in cosmetics, and it is perfect for the anti-suv population who still want to haul the kids and the u-haul, with comparable fuel economy.

Junkyard dog
By GoldRider on 05/19/06 18:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Usually when I purchase a car I go in knowning that I am going to get stuck some kind of way. But after I get the car I usually get over getting the shaft because I enjoyed the car so much. Not this case, the Chevy Colorado is a junk man's dream. I have ridden in wheel barrows that ride better. And I would love to meet the engineer who put the gas and brake peddle so close together that my foot actually got caught in the controls. I gave my Colorado a quicky divorce and married the Chevy Impala SS. That is a match made in heaven. Downside the trade in value of the Colorado was so low I was way upside down.

A Total Lemon
By Matt on 05/01/06 04:30 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Colorado brand new, and have had nothing but trouble with it. It's died on me twice, I continue to have problems with the cd player. The AC squeals like a stuck pig, plastic molding had warped, carpeting comes up in chunks of fuzz. I've had problems with the ignition switch, airbag sensor, cruise control light, and interior paneling. The interior is of very cheap material and reeks of poor design. It's a sharp looking truck, and when it's not in the shop it drives and handles ok. Unless you're a die hard Chevy fan, I'd advise you to look elsewhere for a truck. Based on my experience with this, I'll never buy another Chevy truck.

2005 Colorado- Not what I expected
By Terri McGinnis on 04/29/06 07:31 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Fuel mileage less than expected with 5 engine. I have had too many issues for a new truck. The air conditioning is not very strong, air flow. The interior is very cheap, and cheap looking. The cloth on the front seat is puffing up, of course it is still under warranty, but the whole reason to purchase a new vehicle, is so you don't have to go in for repairs. The truck is not at all what I was expecting. Very disspointed in the truck.

My Experience
By Tommy on 04/19/06 15:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Since I have had this truck I have loved it. It feels more comfortable than my old F250 that I traded in and the fuel economy is much better. I have made it from Stow, Ohio to Roanoke, Virginia on half a tank of gas. The truck runs smooth and quiet, you can really feel the power of the engine as well with all of the pick up and go. Since I have had the truck I have had the bed lined with Line-X and I have added a class 3 hitch to pull a pop-up camper and my boat. Even when towing the truck has shown no problems. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a good mid size truck today.

Z85 CrewCab
By NewColy on 04/12/06 10:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have ~15,000 miles on my '05 Crew Cab 3.5L/auto (build date 5/2005).Comfort and ride is far better. Fuel economy is excellent, summer months I get 18-20 city, 23-24.5 city, winter months are 17- 18 city, 22-23.4 hwy.,17-18 city or hwy towing a double jet-ski trailer(1300lbs total). The stock I5/auto is a little underpowered for a crewcab. The two downfalls I have encountered are fuel economy and power is diminished greatly with any tire change other than stock size and brand. There are too many TSBÂ’s for this truck. It is literally a hit or miss purchase. I would suggest buying a vehicle built after 6/2005, if not, negotiate for the 100k extended warranty. All in all I am very happy with my purchase.

She's A Keeper
By tonkatruk on 04/10/06 11:20 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I've owned my crew Z71 for a little over 2 years now, haven't experienced problem one to date. It's funny because my wife has a Sequoia that she just had to have, purchased it before I bought my truck. 9 times out of 10 if she's running out for an errand she grabs my keys! With a daughter just beginning to drive guess who's vehicle she constantly want's to take as well. I may be needing to buy another one here in the near future, hope they put one out soon with a 6 cylinder, that would make my day. I'm getting about 21.7 MPG on the highway with a full crew in it, not too bad for a crew pick-up. Love the Z71 stance, feels big ... without the cost of driving big. Kudos to Chevy on this one.

2005 Colorado
By shane crumpton on 03/22/06 12:06 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Fuel mileage less than expected with I- 5 engine. Ride is good on hi-way, power is good for 5-cyl. The nterior lacks style, has has too much gray. Front tires are worn on inside after 18K overall a good truck. Needs a better sound system.