Used 2005 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Very pleasant surprise
By Matt Condran

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I was tired of my older Nissan P/U, no power, no interior space and so on. I was going to buy a new Ford F-150, but after seeing a Colorado on the freeway I decided to go look at one. I was starting to get hooked on the looks of the Z71, then drove it and wow, the power of that small engine. Everything about it suited me perfect. Its been 9 months now and I'm happier than ever about buying it!

Favorite Features

1. Looks of my black LS Z71, 2. 5 cylinder 220 hp electronic advancing cams engine, 3. Gas mileage over a full size with a V8, 4. Smooth ride, I don't have to slow down for speed bumps.

Suggested Improvements

The bed could be made out of tougher metal. Better quality material for the seats.

Fun in Florida
By Joe in FL

I've had the truck for about 6 months now and it is awesome! The 3.5L is worth the money... if you like performance and fuel economy, that is. My city and 80mph highway driving continually averages better than 20mpg. This is good for me because I have a lead foot. The A/C is cold, and cools quickly (and I live in Miami). It looks very, very much like a Honda inside, and classy with silver accents, which is to say 'better than a Honda.' Maybe I'm easily pleased - go to a dealer and see for yourself. I'm trying to think of something bad to say about it.... (nothing yet).

Favorite Features

Exterior looks great.

Suggested Improvements

Better looking stock rims (which is a minor complaint). Optional 31"x10" all-terrain tires would be a nice option (as they fit fine and look fantastic with the Z71). My Magnaflow exhaust makes it sound like a big car but my fault for installing aftermarket stuff, I guess. It is an inline engine.

Americal built
By Pete

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven this truck in summer, fall and winter it has been reliable, safe, and very useful. I have had NO trouble with it at all. The fit and finish are comparable with the Toyota and Nissan that I test drove. It is quiter than the Ford and more economical than the Dodge.

Favorite Features

Four doors, and the excellent sound system

Suggested Improvements

A longer bed would be nice with a split endgate.

I love my truck!
By Leah

Before deciding to make the jump from fun car (my Mustang) to a small truck I did a lot of research on what was out there. The Colorado kept coming out on top, so when I went "shopping" I saved the Chevy lot until last. I found the Colorado to be the best built and best looking of all the trucks I looked at and drove. 3 months down the road I am as pleased today with the truck as the day I bought it, and with the dealership that sold it to me. I highly recommend the Colorado, and to those of you near Troy, Ohio; Joe Johnson Chevrolet. (I have the 4WD Z71 Extended Cab LS package in Superior Blue, its a beauty!)

Favorite Features

Well laid out/easy access to all controls. Quiet, smooth ride Beautiful, quality interior 5cyl. Vortec engine has lots of spunk when you need it, tows very well!!

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage, LOL, but the truck is true to the estimated mpg on the sticker.

Good truck for price.
By Bud

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the truck in June of this year. So far it has been OK. Handling is great and fuel mileage is also great. Overall this is a great truck.

Favorite Features

1:Inline 5 cyl. Lots of power for my needs. 2: The automatic transmission shifts very smooth throughout 3 Satellite radio. 4:Fuel mileage. 5:Great looks.

Suggested Improvements

1:put a lock on passanger door. 2: Work on traction control system. 3:Get rid of the general GS60 tires they are crap.