Used 2005 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Not as good as a Toyota
By Jake

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this truck instead of a Tacoma and wish that I did not. My full size GMC Z71 was better on fuel, better comfort, and better made. I average 16.5 mpg in Va. I got 17 - 18mpg on the 5.3l V8. The truck is noisy, and the interior does not appear that it will hold up. This will be my last Colorado.

Crew cab, and 4 wheel drive works great.

Interior, power of 3.5 not what 4.3 was.

Worst new vehicle purchase I've made
By kokomoan

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I had the vehicle in for warranty work 11 times. Electrical problems since early on that the dealership said they couldn't find; replaced 5 headlamps, 4 brake lamps, and the majority of interior lights while still under warranty. Other items replaced: power window motor, heater control switch, rails for front seat. Today I took it to get u-joints replaced, third front end alignment, rear brake shoes. Mgr said these "shoes" were most expensive he has seen! He said all parts for it are high. Watch out if you need front rotors replaced; make inquiry!) gas mileage 13/15.(4 cyl, sticker said 18/25) At present, pwr windows, locks, mirror control, 5 int lights, 3 ext lights not working. 62K miles

Easy to get in and out of, nice looking design, "oil catch" for clean oil changes, large 4 dr cab

1. redesign front rotors, way too costly design when having to replace or turn them! 2. radio design (had to replace entire radio because of burned out "preset" lights) 3. Improve gas mileage, Silverados get better mileage!

Great Small Truck
By Chevy/Isuzu Whatever

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I leased this truck over a full size truck for the cost, better mileage and added space in the garage. It was a great choice as it has met every task given with a far less expense of the full size trucks. I have pulled trailers, hauled materials and even been off road a few times all the while satisfied with the purchase. Given gas prices I love being able to drive a truck and getting 18 mpg in the city. I wished I would have purshased the truck instead of leasing it. I definitely would have kept it.

Locking tailgate, overall looks, ride, handling, mileage and towing/hauling capabilities.

Increase the overall length enough to allow for a few added inches of leg room in the back seat without taking any more space from the bed.

2005 Colorado
By Brad Wilson

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z85 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle's performance is much less than I expected. Gas mileage is nothing to brag about. The four wheel drive buttons are poorly designed in there location. The engine noise is terrible. And because of being unable to keep the front end lined-up, your tires only last around 15,000 miles. I will never again purchase a small Chevy pickup.

Great looking truck.

Engine: Design and noise. Interior: 4wd buttons access, seats, carpet grade Exterior: Stronger front suspension.

'05 Colorado 2.8L Crew Cab LS
By Phase700B

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased this Colorado as a Chevy program vehicle from the dealer. It had a great option package, is a crew cab LS and has both OnStar and XM radio. The clincher was the Granite Blue color which makes the truck look upscale. It hauls my 1500lb boat trailer & also a small utility trailer with no trouble. It's not a rocket,but very surprising in what it can do for a 4cyl. Around town we get 17-19mpg and hwy 24-26mpg. Lower numbers are for winter driving, higher reflect wind or hwy speed. I drive 65-70 hwy. Love that it came with power windows/locks, AC, OnStar, 6CD/XM Radio, locking differential, and traction ctrl. '06 and later can not get these last 2 options on 4cyl crew cab LS.

Wife loves the seats. More comfort than her '05 Malibu. Says fit her better. Gas mileage, versatility. Buy this instead of a compact SUV. Room for 5-6 with more cargo area. Put a nice cap on the back and no gas fumes or danger of loose cargo. Gets better mpg than Explorer, Edge, Honda, Toyota RAV4.

Better dash board components. Use more car-like softer plastics. Offer light gray or tan interiors with all exterior colors. Graphite black is so dark. Offer locking differential and stability track on all models. Offer 5 or 6 speed automatic transmission.