2005 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Great Small Truck!
By Dennis Gregory on 02/07/07 19:47 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Driving this vehicle has been a pleasure. It has taken me as far north as upstate NY and as far south as Florida. I also drove it to Colorado hunting. That's why it has as many miles on it as it does.

Colorado
By Scott H on 02/07/07 06:35 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Good truck, had rattles when first owned, dealer took care of with two visits. 17.5mpg city with A/C on, 18+ with A/C off, 22+ highway. Good little work truck. Rides like a truck.

Working Out
By Chris on 01/17/07 12:02 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Like many others, I had looked seriously at the Tacomas, but for what you get the price difference is too great. For $28,000 you don't get leather, power seats, etc. I've go 26,000 miles on my Coly now and haven't had a problem yet. I've upped the tires to BFG AT's 32's, leveled the front, added a Magnaflow exhaust, K&N cold intake and it really goes. Sounds much closer to the rugged looks of the Z71. Even with the bigger tires, the mileage still hits within range the estimates. Yes, the PCM was calibrated for the tires. It's fun, quick enough and the leather seats are anything but uncomfortable.

A Keeper!
By Chris on 01/05/07 06:45 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

As a first time truck owner, I was a little unsure of what to truly expect after driving it off of the lot. After driving the truck for about 2 months now, I can say that I made a good decision! The truck responds quickly to driver input, with very little delay at highway speed. The only negative I have is the response off of the line. Low end torque needs to be adjusted. Other than that, the Colorado is a versatile little horse. It's a keeper!

'05 Z71 4x4
By bob on 12/30/06 19:27 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great looking truck. Good pulling power. Haven't had the chance to try out the 4 wheel drive.

Bad luck
By bclocke on 12/24/06 15:12 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the truck because I am a huge chevy fan. My prior vehicle was the S- 10 and should have kept it. I have had the Colorado for a year and had it to the dealer 6 times for repair, twice for the same thing! It has cost a lot of wasted time. I would strongly recommend using caution when buying a first year model!

Room for improvement
By Bolo on 12/21/06 19:14 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

With the exception of the AC its been bulletproof mechanically. Got to say GM scrimped on the sheet metal an quality plastic though. Gas mileage isn't bad, but its still worse than the heavier older model 4Runner that it replaced. The engine has plenty of power for this size of truck. Size is very similar to the 67-72 Chevys of the past. I'll keep this one a while, but I'd have to seriously think before buying another Colorado.

Colorado
By josh1usa on 12/03/06 20:39 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I was just hit by a Honda Odyssey that ran a red light. My truck weathered the blow pretty well considering I was not moving and the other car was going about 45 mph. My daughter and I walked away from the wreck with no injuried and the truck remained remarkably intact with the excepton of the hubcaps that were shattered, and the rear axle was twisted (the other car hit me directly in the rear tires). I loved that truck, I miss it, and plan on getting another one.

'05 Colorado Z71
By jvassau on 10/26/06 03:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the '05 Colorado after having four S-10's over the past 8 years. I was looking for more room, comfort and economy. I have found all of this and more. I was skeptical of the L-5, but that engine has all the guts of my other trucks and then some, the transmission is great. The truck has proven to be reliable and gets much better mileage than the S-10's, with just a little tweaking, air intake, chip and suspension upgrades. The 4 wheel drive has proven to be good quality system, i believe an upgrade from the S-10, whether in snow, ice or off road, construction site. The payload needs a bit of help, suspension wise. All in all I am satisfied with my puchase.

Best truck for the money
By Chevy Colorado on 09/21/06 13:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z71 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Plenty of power, smooth transmission. Great looks. Perfect fit and finish. Very large bed, plenty of leg room. Haven't had a single problem. Drives much smoother than the Tacoma and Frontier. Feels and handles great. The Z71 package adds more than just looks. The anti-slip rear drive with override works perfect as sliding out in wet conditions is prevented. Perfect alternative to the full size gas guzzlers.