2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
The skinny on the Colorado
By Ryan on 05/30/06 11:38 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

The Colorado rides like a full size and is as comfortable in every way as any truck on the market. With power everything and plenty of power in the 3.5 L 5 cyl for your everyday hauling and stop and go traffic it leaves one wondering....why didn't anyone think of the 5 cyl before? I like the lines on the body, they are simple and catch the eye with its square ends. This truck is almost exactly like the Slverado in cosmetics, and it is perfect for the anti-suv population who still want to haul the kids and the u-haul, with comparable fuel economy.

Junkyard dog
By GoldRider on 05/19/06 18:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Usually when I purchase a car I go in knowning that I am going to get stuck some kind of way. But after I get the car I usually get over getting the shaft because I enjoyed the car so much. Not this case, the Chevy Colorado is a junk man's dream. I have ridden in wheel barrows that ride better. And I would love to meet the engineer who put the gas and brake peddle so close together that my foot actually got caught in the controls. I gave my Colorado a quicky divorce and married the Chevy Impala SS. That is a match made in heaven. Downside the trade in value of the Colorado was so low I was way upside down.

2005 Colorado- Not what I expected
By Terri McGinnis on 04/29/06 07:31 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Fuel mileage less than expected with 5 engine. I have had too many issues for a new truck. The air conditioning is not very strong, air flow. The interior is very cheap, and cheap looking. The cloth on the front seat is puffing up, of course it is still under warranty, but the whole reason to purchase a new vehicle, is so you don't have to go in for repairs. The truck is not at all what I was expecting. Very disspointed in the truck.

Z85 CrewCab
By NewColy on 04/12/06 10:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have ~15,000 miles on my '05 Crew Cab 3.5L/auto (build date 5/2005).Comfort and ride is far better. Fuel economy is excellent, summer months I get 18-20 city, 23-24.5 city, winter months are 17- 18 city, 22-23.4 hwy.,17-18 city or hwy towing a double jet-ski trailer(1300lbs total). The stock I5/auto is a little underpowered for a crewcab. The two downfalls I have encountered are fuel economy and power is diminished greatly with any tire change other than stock size and brand. There are too many TSB’s for this truck. It is literally a hit or miss purchase. I would suggest buying a vehicle built after 6/2005, if not, negotiate for the 100k extended warranty. All in all I am very happy with my purchase.

She's A Keeper
By tonkatruk on 04/10/06 11:20 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I've owned my crew Z71 for a little over 2 years now, haven't experienced problem one to date. It's funny because my wife has a Sequoia that she just had to have, purchased it before I bought my truck. 9 times out of 10 if she's running out for an errand she grabs my keys! With a daughter just beginning to drive guess who's vehicle she constantly want's to take as well. I may be needing to buy another one here in the near future, hope they put one out soon with a 6 cylinder, that would make my day. I'm getting about 21.7 MPG on the highway with a full crew in it, not too bad for a crew pick-up. Love the Z71 stance, feels big ... without the cost of driving big. Kudos to Chevy on this one.

2005 Colorado
By shane crumpton on 03/22/06 12:06 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Fuel mileage less than expected with I- 5 engine. Ride is good on hi-way, power is good for 5-cyl. The nterior lacks style, has has too much gray. Front tires are worn on inside after 18K overall a good truck. Needs a better sound system.

Colorado in Michigan
By Rose on 03/15/06 11:40 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I like the looks, the height, and the handling. I can seat 5 people and, by putting a fiberglass tonneau cover on the bed, I have the greatest "trunk". No putting down seats to haul stuff. During my first snow storm experience, the four-wheel drive functioned great. However,without a rear window defroster, the rear window and back side windows fogged/iced up and my outside mirrors were covered by falling snow, so to me, this is a safety concern. I went to my GM dealer, as well as 5 off-market businesses, looking for a rear window defroster, but no one makes it.

Forget the reviews, REAL LIFE EXPERIENCE
By imagesinvinyl on 03/01/06 21:27 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I owned my truck for about 7 months now, and I was recently involved in a horrendous rollover accident in it. I was a sleeping passenger while a friend drove in route to Portland, OR. Needless to say, he fell asleep, I awoke to the truck losing all control and ultimately flipping several times. It was completely destroyed, not one part was left un-damaged. He and I both were wearing seatbelts, and both walked away. Banged up and bruised, but walked away, or should I say crawled out through a rear door window opening. DON'T TRY THIS, but I am buying another Chevy. We lived with minor injuries.

This is a great truck!
By Patrick Moore on 02/25/06 22:19 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Colorado LS. It has plenty of power. It has good looks, and a nicely designed interior that is comfortable. It has nice options including traction control, compass, thermometer, sliding back glass, power windows, auto darkening rearview, fog lights, 3.5 liter engine, 6 cd changer, and a good trim package. It gets good fuel mileage. The pricing was right too. To me there is just no other truck that compares. I get exited just thinking about driving it to work. I just love driving it!

Solid like a rock
By lovethetruck on 02/24/06 10:16 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Great all around truck for me. Love the exterior, sharper than all of the competition. The interior isn't anything special, but it's a truck, not a Cadillac. On long trips my right leg sits uncomfortable due to the transmission hub while using the cruise. But, I am 6'4". I don't haul much, so it was a great fit. Engine has plenty of power and does all that I ask of it. I don't hot rod around town but when I press the gas, it's always been there. Feels like it has more if I needed it. Very fun in snow. The truck brakes well, it doesn't seem to nose-dive at quick stops (could be the Z71 suspension). I averaged 20 mpg all around for the last year. Not one regret since I bought.