2005 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Very pleasant surprise
By Matt Condran on 02/15/06 02:27 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I was tired of my older Nissan P/U, no power, no interior space and so on. I was going to buy a new Ford F-150, but after seeing a Colorado on the freeway I decided to go look at one. I was starting to get hooked on the looks of the Z71, then drove it and wow, the power of that small engine. Everything about it suited me perfect. Its been 9 months now and I'm happier than ever about buying it!

Fun in Florida
By Joe in FL on 01/16/06 01:28 AM (PST)

I've had the truck for about 6 months now and it is awesome! The 3.5L is worth the money... if you like performance and fuel economy, that is. My city and 80mph highway driving continually averages better than 20mpg. This is good for me because I have a lead foot. The A/C is cold, and cools quickly (and I live in Miami). It looks very, very much like a Honda inside, and classy with silver accents, which is to say 'better than a Honda.' Maybe I'm easily pleased - go to a dealer and see for yourself. I'm trying to think of something bad to say about it.... (nothing yet).

Americal built
By Pete on 12/20/05 21:50 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven this truck in summer, fall and winter it has been reliable, safe, and very useful. I have had NO trouble with it at all. The fit and finish are comparable with the Toyota and Nissan that I test drove. It is quiter than the Ford and more economical than the Dodge.

I love my truck!
By Leah on 11/04/05 17:24 PM (PST)

Before deciding to make the jump from fun car (my Mustang) to a small truck I did a lot of research on what was out there. The Colorado kept coming out on top, so when I went "shopping" I saved the Chevy lot until last. I found the Colorado to be the best built and best looking of all the trucks I looked at and drove. 3 months down the road I am as pleased today with the truck as the day I bought it, and with the dealership that sold it to me. I highly recommend the Colorado, and to those of you near Troy, Ohio; Joe Johnson Chevrolet. (I have the 4WD Z71 Extended Cab LS package in Superior Blue, its a beauty!)

Good truck for price.
By Bud on 10/30/05 16:12 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the truck in June of this year. So far it has been OK. Handling is great and fuel mileage is also great. Overall this is a great truck.

Great truck
By carla cox on 09/27/05 11:22 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I like it that its big enough to haul something, yet small. I owned an S-10, and this is by far more comfortable and more room. It looks great and sporty if I say so myself. People stop me at red lights and comment on the color "Sunburst ORANGE", even the older people. I love this truck.

New Chevy driver
By Eddie on 07/01/05 22:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

The little truck turned out to be a lot more fun to drive than I thought. The engine is a little noisy when on the gas. I really don't like the not having a key lock on the driver's side.The gas mileage is great. I average 25mpg. I looked at Nissan and Toyota, and both were too pricey for what I needed in a pickup. I drove the Nissan and Toyota and neither truck had the power that the Chevy had.

'04 Colorado
By Mickey on 06/13/05 14:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Overall a great truck for someone who doesn't routinely need a large hauling or towing capacity. I've taken several trips over 300 miles and the ride was always comfortable. Plenty of power, smooth shifting, easy on the fly transfer from 2WD to 4WD. Z71 package has a nice ride with good steering input. Holds the road well. 4WD and suspension gives plenty of grip and stability over rough terrain. Very good gas mileage. I average about 20 mpg (23- 24 on mostly highway trips, worst was 17 mpg for a tank but that was almost all stop and go short trips in cold weather). Back seats are only good for small people / short trips.

Good Solid Truck
By Russ B. on 05/17/05 19:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Truck has performed very well, has a good solid engine, and idles very smoothly. Only issue is whistling noise from AC when fan is on low speed. Dealer indicates that it is typical of this truck since less sound insulation is used for this make/model. Small rattles from extra cab space typical of these stlye of trucks. Otherwise, lots of room, nice styling, well planned display and controls. Engine responds well and ride is smooth for 4WD.

Outstanding
By Hank F on 04/08/05 03:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Recently purchased this vehicle after much research and I am highly impressed with this machine. External looks are impressive. Inside design suits my taste to a T. Sound system is excellent. Could not be happier with the combination of power and fuel economy of the 5 cylinder engine and 4 speed automatic. Price was also right.