Used 2005 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Colo"RAD"o
By Alex123

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

This truck looks great and is great to drive. It has all the power I need and responds well.

Interior room is fabulous.

It should have more running lights standard.

My Colorado
By Wells

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Base Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I enjoy driving my Colorado very much. I used to have a Ranger. It handles real good and has pretty good gas mileage, which we need here in Southern California. I like the feel of a midsize car, but the looks of a truck.

Cup holder and arm rest need improvement.

First New Truck
By Zach

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I purchased this truck after having a 1991 Nissan Ext Cab 2WD and it is great. I average 22 MPG, mostly on the highway. I use the OnStar to run fire/EMS calls to find addresses. I love it. I may make aftermarket changes for performance, but it's great right off the lot.

Push button 4x4, OnStar, crew cab

Longer bed, better wheel design

Great truck, great mileage
By teflonjpr2

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the truck after much research. Wanted the utility of a truck, something that could tow a 16ft boat, yet had acceptable mileage. I have had the truck for a month, and love it. I have put 4000 miles on it, and routinely get 25+ mpg (even with the 5 cyl). I have seen others complaining about the mileage, but don't know what differential they have, and recommend at least the 3.73, and I have the 3.42. The ride and acceleration are excellent, even compared to the car I was driving before. The steering is a bit soft in tight turns, but no worse than any other trucks I have owned. Overall, I couldn't find a better deal out there.

The sunroof really makes this truck awesome, but this kind of gas mileage from a truck, with the smooth and quiet ride, and more room than a car, plus a bed are why I bought it.

Add the 4.2L 6 cyl for those who want more power/towing. A navigation system like the Trailblazer wouldn't hurt either.

Great Truck for the price
By WVU

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I was looking for a decent mid-size truck with decent gas mileage. I narrowed it down to 3 trucks. Colorado, Frontier and the Tacoma. I ruled the Dakota out because their V6 model does not have enough ponies and their V8 is a gas hog and has less or only slightly more HP then its competitors. I really wanted the Tacoma or Frontier becasue both have great HP for a V6. But the price for these trucks is outrageous because the dealers will not deal. I went with the Colorado because of price. My truck stickered at $29,500. I paid $22,000 because of the rebates and GM employee price that was offered. You can get a Colorado for $7,000 to $8,000 cheaper then its competition, so it's a no brainer.

Good Looks, gas milage, big tires, ride and Best price for a mid-size truck.

Use the V6 in the Trailblazer instead of the I-5 to give more HP to be equal to the Frontier and Tacoma. Interior could be a little nicer.