2005 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Colorado
By Bob on 10/23/05 19:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

It's been a fun vehicle with lots of utility for a value priced truck. Great gas mileage. Highway up to 30 mpg.

Colorado
By bigredman on 08/31/05 16:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

The Colorado is a great looking truck, on the outside that is. I would trade the interior of my truck for an older model S-10 anyday. The seats and door panels are both very cheap in appearance. In fact, the only good thing about the interior is the leg room. I'm 6'5 and I fit very well.

Z85 LS Chevy 4x4 5 cylinder 5 speed 3.73 Gears
By Josh on 07/10/05 14:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Z71 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in an 2002 TRD off road 4x4 V6 5 speed extended cab Toyota Tacoma for my Chevy Colorado last year. I must say that I'm satisfied with this truck. I get better miles to the gallon than the V6 Tacoma did, plus my turning radius is much tighter than before because I'm running a regular cab now, instead of extended cab. I replaced the stock factory tires that came with the truck for some 31x10.50-15 mudsters. Doing the tire switch solved most of the ground clearance problems I was having when off roading in the forest. My only problems with the truck so far have been: a rough idle engine miss for a few minutes during cold starts. This happened about 3 times during the cold winter months.

The Bitterness of Poor Quality
By Bill on 06/30/05 18:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

In the year that I've owned this truck, I've gone through 3 sets of tires, 8 alignments, 2 body control modules, and 2 brake light switches. Chevy knows about a serious problem with the front suspension on this truck (they've issued 5 service bulletins to their dealerships on this subject) that causes the front tires to wear prematurely and excessive vibration. The truck won't hold an alignment. What is worse is that I've been in the process of lemon lawing this truck since March and Chevrolet refuses to acknowledge or take responsibility for the problem. The tires are so bad now that the treads are separating. Whatever you do spare yourself the horrible experience of owning a Colorado.

Z71 4X4
By vinniej on 05/27/05 04:03 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love the 5 cyl/5 speed combination. The truck has the power when I need it & great mileage to boot.

Great Ride
By Richard Newell on 03/29/05 18:08 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

This Chevy is all truck in a small package . The 4cylinder engine is a lot more powerful than its number of cylinders would suggest. Great gas mileage, nice ride, handles great, and even keeps most of its power when the AC is on. I put it through the mill for a few hours in all sorts of city and highway driving and it kept up with me fine. If you are looking for a great looking truck with good mpg and is just fun to drive, this is the truck for you.

It's a Great Truck
By truckdriver on 03/16/05 13:56 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

The 5cyl/5spd Z85/LS Reg Cab more than fills the need for a mid-sized, inexpensive, tow capable truck. The LS version is the best value, having several nice addl features. Ride is excellent. Concerning comments about the Chevy dash: it's a truck not a Bentley. Who wants to spend big bucks for a fancy dash? The dash is simple, functional, and durable. Furthermore, the Chevy dash is better than the competing Toyota dash because it is smooth all across the bottom. The Toyota has obnoxious protrusions all over the place.The 5cyl is surprisingly powerful and worth the extra fee. Visibility is great; ride is excellent (for a truck).Silky smooth clutch, great shifter.

Just Fun
By Tony Schwanda on 02/28/05 20:07 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I truly enjoy driving this truck. It has performed better then expected it the snow and ice of northern Wisconsin. Yet it is only a 2 wheel drive. The one area that need some attention is the seating. The angle is too straight for long distance travel. I suggest that they make a small adjustment in this area as well as a little more room for the passenger's feet. These are only minor problems and can be fixed with a bit of thinking. The ride is smooth and the road noise is minimal. great truck. Just having fun.

Z85 I-4 auto
By sonny on 02/13/05 10:00 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

This truck so far has exceeded my expectations. I love the ride, fuel economy and excelent shifting auto transmission. First tank of gas from the dealer I got 24.1 mpg. I wasn't even driving it in a way to get good mileage since it was being broke in. I should be able to easily get 26+ mpg after the break in period.

Colorado good for compact truck
By JIM on 01/29/05 13:51 PM (PST)

No problems for a compact truck. It has good low end pickup, is fairly comfortable on long trips, an I'm pleasently suprised at the good gas mileage. The truck is used in my courier business, and am pleased so far.