Used 2005 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Reviews - 195 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Colorado

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Rippen Fun
By Mike

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

The 3500 5cyl. Vortec engine in my extended cab kept right up on a Camaro SS. This truck has very great power and unreal gas mileage to go with it. Only two things I don't absolutly love about the truck is no reclining seats and wheels come too small stock. Overall you can't beat the price. It's the best deal on a midsize truck and it will smoke any other midsize truck. You cant go wrong with this one.

The power and gas mileage to match. Unbelievable.

Bigger stock wheels. Reclining seats

Love my truck
By Chris

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I bought my Colorado when the S-10 that I was driving died, and it was a very good decision I must say. I was looking into other light duty trucks, but I am glad that I chose the Colorado. It get's better gas mileage than any of the other trucks I was looking at, and right now that's pretty important. What I was suprised about was that for being only a 5 cylinder truck, it has more power than I expected it to.

Love the 6 - disc in dash CD changer

A bigger bed would be nice, I haul a lot of stuff in my truck and a lot of times I find it hard to fit everything that I wish to put in it.

Silver Bullet
By S W T

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

This truck is a huge improvement over my 95 S-10. Much larger, taller, tighter, more powerful. The 5-cyl, 3500 motor is responsive. Not race like performance (it is a truck), but quick when needed. The transmission does tend to search for the right gear too much. The truck is extremely quiet, has a solid but comfortable ride, and has adequate gas milage for a mid size pickup. Making the Z-71 suspension available in a 2WD is a good move by Chevrolet. The package makes the truck look much better without the expense of 4WD on a vehicle that will not be taken off road.

Exterior design is awesome. This truck is a real head turner

Make the transmission and torque converter more sure of where they need to be. A little better gas milage.

Great Truck
By Brian Ludwig

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

My wife and I have owned our Colorado for just over a year now. She uses it to travel for work and as our grocery getter. So far the truck has only given us one problem and that is with the sterio speakers. We keep the oil changed and the tires balanced and rotated, the alignment gets checked every 3 to 4 months, and is only slightly out in toe as expected. Other than that, basic maintainance, and the truck is awesome. I would recomend this truck to anyone wanting a clear view of the road and who doesn't tow heavy loads, especially if you have kids or pets. We just wish it got a little better milage (Best 22 on highway, 19 in town). Thank you Chevrolet.

Smooth ride, clear view of road, great handling, strong engine for size of vehicle.

A little better engine and computer tuning for better fuel consumption, maybe a cabin air filter or two, built in trash bag holder for my wifes junk, just kidding.

Colorado
By bigredman

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

The Colorado is a great looking truck, on the outside that is. I would trade the interior of my truck for an older model S-10 anyday. The seats and door panels are both very cheap in appearance. In fact, the only good thing about the interior is the leg room. I'm 6'5 and I fit very well.

Great leg room

Better ergonomics are desperately needed