2005 Chevrolet Colorado Z85 Fleet Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

2005 Colorado Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Sort Reviews by

Last GM
By Waterboy

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

My truck also idles really rough. The sevice dept. keeps telling me the noise is unpreventalbe. It's designed that way.

Favorite Features

Front end looks

Suggested Improvements

New computer, and recall it so it can be totally fixed. Bumper to bumper

excellent truck
By bolts

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

one great chevy truck, i been a chevy owner for over 30 years, i'm telling you this truck is on the mark!!!!

A great Experience
By Mrcadilac

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I think the Colorado has a nice ride, better than I expected. The 5 Cyl has enough pick up and go for normal driving. The passing gear works fine, when it is needed. i cruise at 65 with no problem. I haven't had it for long, but I tested a lot of mid sized pick/ups before spending 25K. Colorado so far has met my expectations, considering the other comparable models cost much more.

Favorite Features

The wheel flairs, and step bars make it look sporty. the nose is much different than any other truck. The overall shape. The back seat is compfy.

Suggested Improvements

A choice of a bigger engine. The interior could be designed a bit sportier.

My Colorado Review
By charles bailey

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Basically, when I started, I was looking for a used truck, and was willing to spen no more than $15,000. I was at Cooper Chevrolet in Anniston, Alabama, in the used car section, when I saw this base truck listed for $16,200. I asked if I could drive it, they said yes, and it was a love affair from then on. This truck has a real strong engine, vortec 2800 and gets great gas mileage (24 to 25 mpg). I am glad I bought this new truck, although it was a little more than I could afford, it is worth it. The build is a little cheap, but it is one solid tough truck.

(Sink) Like a Rock
By LeonardJ

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

For the first 1,500 miles, it was a great truck. Then the sporatic rough idling started. The dealer says that it is a computer glitch. "Bring it back in three weeks, we might have a fix for it by then", says the dealer; "Chevrolet will certainly have the glitch worked out within the next three months". In the mean time, the problem continues. The mechanic told me that "lots of Colorados have this problem". GM unleashes another untested design on the buying public. Remember the 1977 Oldsmobile diesel fiasco? I do!! This is my last GM product.

Favorite Features

Economical, good looking, comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

New supplier for computer software.

This 'Aint Your Dad's Compact!
By Hammerhead3812

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I have the 4DR extended cab, Z71 4x4. It has plenty of leg room.This is no compact. The truck handles very well,and brakes equally as well.I also have the 3.5lt ebgine w/200 horses.After the cold intake is installed(approx.$350)The horses go up to 235-240. It get's 275-290 miles per Tank.More on road trips.That is w/the A/c running. It also has 15" rims(not bycycle tires).4 wheel drive on the fly comes in handy, especially in the desert.4drs w/no seats are nice for fishing,hunting or just keep your tools back there.It is not a fullsize bed,but then you won't have to move your friends. It still has enough room for medium size jobs.

Favorite Features

My favorite features have mostly been listed above.You got to love a 3" lift with nice ground clearance.I have to mention the 4dr rear cargo space again. If you get the Crew Cab w/ seats make sure the kids are small.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see this Truck Offered W/ a small block V8.While the inline 5 is nice make sure you take it out of overdrive going Up steep hills.It would be Nice if you could put a lift kit on it also. The best you can do is put 33's and crank the torsion bars.

New Colorado
By rebdrmr

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I just recently purchased the colorado and so far i have been pleased. I have the new inline 5 cylider which does have the power of the V6 well almost and good gas mileage. I would recomend this to any buyers in the market for a good mid sized truck

Favorite Features

I really like the silverado style and how it is replacing the S10

Suggested Improvements

Can`t think of to much on this. I really like the whole package or i wouldn`t have bought it.

Awesome!
By BreakerN5

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Great little truck. i have the sport (zq8) extended cab 4 door 3.5L. the 220 horses makes it move pretty nicely. very roomy interior and much cooler looking than the S-10's

Favorite Features

All black with the blackout's on the headlights. it's sexy. the 17x8 inch rims are nice too. a hot truck all over

Suggested Improvements

Colorado SS!

Z71 Crew Cab 2 WD
By drsherw

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Have had it for about two months and absolutely love it. It's a car, but it's a truck too. I had a Dodge Ram but the gas mileage on this truck is so much better. It is not as big as a Ram, so I can get in and out of places much easier. The center of gravity makes it easy to maneuver. I am anxious to see how it performs in cold weather.

Favorite Features

Leather seats, power windows, seats and auto dimming rear view mirror. On Star capabable, with XM radio.

Suggested Improvements

Michelin tires!!

Colorado great move
By Kenneth L Haynes Jr

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I LOVE THIS TRUCK I TAKE IT TO PLACES MY 4-WHEELER LOVES TO GO... THANKS LCPL HAYNES JR KENNETH L USMC