2005 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Last GM
By Waterboy on 07/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

My truck also idles really rough. The sevice dept. keeps telling me the noise is unpreventalbe. It's designed that way.

excellent truck
By bolts on 07/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

one great chevy truck, i been a chevy owner for over 30 years, i'm telling you this truck is on the mark!!!!

A great Experience
By Mrcadilac on 07/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I think the Colorado has a nice ride, better than I expected. The 5 Cyl has enough pick up and go for normal driving. The passing gear works fine, when it is needed. i cruise at 65 with no problem. I haven't had it for long, but I tested a lot of mid sized pick/ups before spending 25K. Colorado so far has met my expectations, considering the other comparable models cost much more.

My Colorado Review
By charles bailey on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Basically, when I started, I was looking for a used truck, and was willing to spen no more than $15,000. I was at Cooper Chevrolet in Anniston, Alabama, in the used car section, when I saw this base truck listed for $16,200. I asked if I could drive it, they said yes, and it was a love affair from then on. This truck has a real strong engine, vortec 2800 and gets great gas mileage (24 to 25 mpg). I am glad I bought this new truck, although it was a little more than I could afford, it is worth it. The build is a little cheap, but it is one solid tough truck.

(Sink) Like a Rock
By LeonardJ on 07/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

For the first 1,500 miles, it was a great truck. Then the sporatic rough idling started. The dealer says that it is a computer glitch. "Bring it back in three weeks, we might have a fix for it by then", says the dealer; "Chevrolet will certainly have the glitch worked out within the next three months". In the mean time, the problem continues. The mechanic told me that "lots of Colorados have this problem". GM unleashes another untested design on the buying public. Remember the 1977 Oldsmobile diesel fiasco? I do!! This is my last GM product.

New Colorado
By rebdrmr on 07/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I just recently purchased the colorado and so far i have been pleased. I have the new inline 5 cylider which does have the power of the V6 well almost and good gas mileage. I would recomend this to any buyers in the market for a good mid sized truck

This 'Aint Your Dad's Compact!
By Hammerhead3812 on 07/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I have the 4DR extended cab, Z71 4x4. It has plenty of leg room.This is no compact. The truck handles very well,and brakes equally as well.I also have the 3.5lt ebgine w/200 horses.After the cold intake is installed(approx.$350)The horses go up to 235-240. It get's 275-290 miles per Tank.More on road trips.That is w/the A/c running. It also has 15" rims(not bycycle tires).4 wheel drive on the fly comes in handy, especially in the desert.4drs w/no seats are nice for fishing,hunting or just keep your tools back there.It is not a fullsize bed,but then you won't have to move your friends. It still has enough room for medium size jobs.

Awesome!
By BreakerN5 on 07/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Great little truck. i have the sport (zq8) extended cab 4 door 3.5L. the 220 horses makes it move pretty nicely. very roomy interior and much cooler looking than the S-10's

Z71 Crew Cab 2 WD
By drsherw on 06/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Have had it for about two months and absolutely love it. It's a car, but it's a truck too. I had a Dodge Ram but the gas mileage on this truck is so much better. It is not as big as a Ram, so I can get in and out of places much easier. The center of gravity makes it easy to maneuver. I am anxious to see how it performs in cold weather.

Colorado great move
By Kenneth L Haynes Jr on 06/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I LOVE THIS TRUCK I TAKE IT TO PLACES MY 4-WHEELER LOVES TO GO... THANKS LCPL HAYNES JR KENNETH L USMC