2005 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
I like it but ...
By DCT on 09/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Overall, a good reliable utility vehicle. Dumb question for GM ... Why use light primer for a black painted truck? It shows every scratch ! Also, what were you thinking with the dip stick? It is a long cable that does not reliably show oil level.

cheap interior
By norman 189 on 08/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z71 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great performing and great looking truck from the exterior. Cheap looking from the inside. Boring interior, stiff seats, no style what so ever. cheap console between seats. Cheap thin looking plastic door panels. Rides nice. Handles excellent with good braking. If only they(GM) would of spent more than 5 minutes and $5.00 on the interior this would be one great truck.

Great truck
By Stepwedge67 on 08/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z71 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've waited all year to buy this truck. Well worth the wait, it's a lot of fun to drive. Plenty of power and the best look on the road of any truck in it's class.

Great Pickup
By LBL on 08/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Best pickup I have ever owned and fun to drive.

(singing) I love my truck!
By Mo's Truck on 08/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Being "mom," I always had the "family" vehicle. The Chevy Colorado allows me to have the family vehicle and a truck at the same time. I can haul and transport family, and whatever else I want easily.

Four wheel drive search.
By makeminebongo on 08/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I was looking for a four wheel drive truck. I was going to buy another toyota truck like the one I was driving now. So, I went to the Toyota dealership. I was surprised in a bad way. Toyota has beccome one slick marketing item like all the rest of them. Nice slick paint jobs, lots of gadgets, impressive stuff to fool the green horns into thinking they were driving the real monster here. Not to mention real nice prices here too. Disappointed, went to the chevy dealership across the street, I first thought I was wasting my time, until I drove one. More imppressive power than the toyota, yeah more guts. No fancy gadgets, just plain stuff. I love it!

New Kid on the Block
By H Janssen on 08/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab ZQ8 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Truck comes lowered which ,along with the 50 series tires, combine to emit a disconserting semi "hobby horse" ride quality on non asphalt freeways.Typically ,the partitions in the concrete slabs can bring on an affect not too distant from that of feeling as if the tires are out of balance.The power is adequate- especailly at the higher rpm levels designed in the new 3.5L mill but the initial low end grunt of the now defunct 4.3 V-6 is missing.Comfort levels and economy seem to be excellent and the new look is refreshing and aggressive.Wish the towing capacity was a bit higher but for everyday use I think the new Colorado will be just fine.

good truck
By ICMack on 08/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

For being a 4 cylinder it has good power and great fuel efficency. I have the automatic and I get 20.8 in the city and 27 mpg on the highway. The transmission is smooth.

Gets the stares!
By Tyson45454 on 08/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Turns heads everywhere I go. Way much better than the S-10. Not as nice as the Silverado, but up in its class. Like a ROCK!

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome
By michaelmegga on 07/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I have had my Chevey Colorado 4door Z71 Ls for a few months no and absolutely love it...on and off the pavement. I live in the heart of the Colorado Rockies at 10000 ft and have put this truck to the test in all area and it has done better than my brother in laws Toyota Tacoma hands down. I have driven both and like the Colorad better than any truck I have ever owned. IT IS SIMPLY AWESOME. Chevy finally built a solid truck through and through.