Used 2005 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Colorado

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Chevy is back on top
By The Oz

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I live in Hawaii and it does outstanding on the hills. It is the perfect size. It fits all the needs of a full size truck, yet it is not too big to fit in smaller areas. It has a tight suspension. I take 4 buddies to lunch occasionally and they all fit fine. As a matter of fact, one of them is thinking of trading in his new vehicle for the same type truck. It has plenty of interior luxuries, yet it is still made for some roughness. The perfect vehicle!

Favorite Features

CD player- takes 6 cd's. Lights turn on and shut off by themselves...awesome.

Suggested Improvements

I think more trucks out to come with a bed liner to make it more roughness friendly. I did it to mine, and I love it. Maybe a sliding back window...it could go either way...it is a good theft preventive not to have one.

Colorado is Fun
By B Trombey

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I enjoy driving this vehicle. It has a nice smooth ride that is greatly improved over the S10. It handles very well, the gas mileage needs to be improved a little bit, but its not terrible. It is consistent. Drove it from Michigan to California with no problems whatsoever, has more than enough power for going up hills. The suspension is much better on the Colorado than on the S10, the biggest improvement, I think.

Favorite Features

The XM satellite radio. I have become convinced that there is nothing better, especially driving cross country.

Suggested Improvements

In the extended cab, the cab itself could be a couple of inches longer.

2005 Chevy Colorado 4x4 Z71Crew Cab
By steppen_out

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Love this truck. It is fun to drive, has great power and it makes a great tow!! It is easy to hitch and unhitch behind our RV better than the Saturn that we use to tow. Love the ride. It rides more like a car than a truck. Love the heated leather seats with lumbar support.

Favorite Features

Love the 6-cd changer, XM Satellite radio and the rearview mirror which has the maplight, compass & outside temperature. Love the self dimmer mirror when someone has their brights on behind you.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders in backseat need improvement. Should put them on the doors so you have full function of the rear seat.

2005 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab
By steppen_out

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Love this truck. It is easy to drive, has good pickup and go. Rides like a car. Glad we bought it.

Favorite Features

Fits 4 adults easy. Comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Take the cupholder in backseat out of the seat area and put them on the door so you can utilize the center seating for a small child.

Great truck
By carla cox

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I like it that its big enough to haul something, yet small. I owned an S-10, and this is by far more comfortable and more room. It looks great and sporty if I say so myself. People stop me at red lights and comment on the color "Sunburst ORANGE", even the older people. I love this truck.

Favorite Features

The look of the grille. The compass and temperture indicator.

Suggested Improvements

Would have liked to had outside defrost rear mirrors.