2005 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
It's about time
By purdueguy on 11/30/04 11:25 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

This was my first truck purchase and I wasn't disappointed. The Z71 package provides a stiff ride, which reminds me that I'm in a truck. I get better gas mileage that my previous two SUVs. The truck is the perfect size. The baby seat fits in the rear seat, and I have no problem with parking (even in downtown Chicago). Overall, I would recommend this truck to anyone.

Great overall truck
By s10man on 11/16/04 13:58 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

If you are looking for a combination of power and fuel economy, this is the one. Absolutely tight and well executed.

quality control
By ttcc on 11/13/04 20:26 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

very poor fit of both front doors an hood. right front door outside door handle was never tightened

Like It Not Love It
By Hammer Time on 11/12/04 14:23 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Great truck if you don't need or want a full size truck. I had a S10 with a 4.3 V6. This 5cyl has plenty of go power but I miss the engine braking. When you back off the gas it coast on and on. I'm afraid this will wear the brakes out sooner. The frame is much stifer and the ride on this 4x4 with the Z71 package is better then what I had with the 2wd S10.

GMC Canyon
By jenovak5000 on 11/11/04 15:55 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent vehicle. Terrific performance

Best new truck around.
By Chevydriver on 11/05/04 19:04 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have the Z85 LS 2wd Crew Cab with the I5 3.5L engine and auto tran. This truck replaced a '97 S-10 LS Ext. Cab. Although the truck is really new, I don't see any outstanding complaints. It is very fuctional and most of all, fun to drive. The features you get these days on GM trucks is impressive for the price. I did my comparison homework and found that with all the rebates from GM and low MSRP, the Colorado is the best value in its class. Althoug the Crew Cab shortens the bed to 5', it does not look carlike compared to a Ford Sport-trac. With the additon of the towing package you have room for 5 people, the gear in the bed and a smaller "toy" to haul to the lake or woods!

My first Chevy
By Lance T on 11/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Truck is two months old. Appears to be well build, and is very fun to drive. Engine and drive train are very smooth and have plenty of power (although a bit noisy when you get on it). Rear seat backs severly limit visability. Seats need to be more supportive and less firm. Other than those issues, I love it so far. Great curb appeal too!

not a bad truck
By Rob Wilkerson on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I previsouly had a ford ranger and now currently a colorado, I like the colorado a lot better in some ways. I have the 3.5 I-5 liter which has more power than my previous 4.0 V6 The towing capacity is lower than that of my ranger. overall I am happy with the truck. The colorado handles turns very well.

WOW
By Renorad on 10/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I purchased my Colorado in July of 2004 and I have yet to get less than 20 miles per Gallon. The transmission is smooth and there is plenty of power. I live in the mountains and have no problems climbing the hills. I recommend this truck to anyone looking for a midsize pickup. p.s. to all those dads....the car seat fits easily in the back!

MY FIRST CHEVY
By groundeffx on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I AM 6"6' AND I CAN DRIVE VERY COMFORTABLY WITH A 6YR OLD AND 2 BABY CAR SEATS IN THE REAR(3 KIDS). I WOULD NEVER BELIEVE THAT I COULD FIT THEM IN THE REAR AND BE ABLE TO DRIVE ON A 10 HOUR VACATION RIDE AND NOT FEEL CRAMPED AT MY SIZE ALOT OF ROOM .