2005 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
All Around Fun Truck
By RowdyRado on 01/23/05 03:55 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

This truck is the best thing Chevy has come out with in a while. A lot of people knock the I-5 Motor, but it's great. I'm 6'5" and I have plenty of room in this truck. It's a real performer on & offroad. Driving 50 miles round trip for school every day isn't so bad in this with the great gas mileage. XM Radio is a great feature too. MP3 Player is really nice as well. This really does put an S-10 to shame. It also rides considerably well considering it's a 4x4.

Love it
By dennis on 01/19/05 14:59 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I went from a 2001 fullsize Chevy to the 4-door Colorado. I thought I would miss the roomy interior, but I had no problem. It rides good, and handles great with good power. Not bad mileage and look great.

Colorado
By Postman on 01/17/05 15:51 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Very good power and mileage. I get 20.5 to 21+ MPG during combination highway and city driving during warmer months. Got 23 to 24 MPG on the interstate. Wheels are a little cheap with a large plastic center piece. A very bullish appearance for a smaller truck, looks tough compared to other brands. Console needs to be enlarged.

Midsize comfort
By gkoz on 01/14/05 23:44 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I was a full-size truck owner looking for something a bit smaller and easier on gas. The Colorado fits the bill. Much easier to park in the Walmart parking lot not to mention my garage. The box might be small for some people but I can get at the things in the back without climbing in. I pull a double ATV trailer and a utility trailer with ease. The 4000# load range is more than enough for my needs. The cab has room enough for four adults and is much more comfortable than my 2002 extended cab GMC Seirra.

Dodge sucks
By Bill on 01/01/05 12:32 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

It was time for me to give up my poorly made dakota and ram and start driving a real truck.

Huge upgrade for small GM trucks
By Colorado5cyl5M on 12/31/04 19:00 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased a new 2005 Colorado ZQ8 Regular cab with the 5 cylinder and manual transmission. The truck performs well and accellerates better than I expected. The handlng is sharp, but with a slight penalty in ride quality. The interior is smartly executed, with everything in good reach, and the seats are way more supportive than the ones in my previous S-10. The Interior space is immensely more too. The styling is killer, and in black it looks mean going down the road.

Awesome truck
By Keith on 12/27/04 15:33 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Great truck all around. Z71 Crew 3.5L I5 with 3.73 gears is good on gas and has good acceleration. Good interior room. Nicest riding midsize pickup on the market. Best looking pickup on the Market.

All of the Above
By rollingshadow on 12/22/04 19:21 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Great truck so far. Bought a 2004 from the internet based only on the available reviews, features, price, and looks. Everything was true. Good power, torque, handling, ride quality, interior and bed space. Mediocre interior, flat bucket seats, lots of plastic. After 3000 miles I am very happy. The I5 and 4L60e work together beautifully. Quick shifts and instant downshifts. No busy shifting. Excellent ride quality and impressive handling for a small truck. The new I5 engine is impressive but has to prove it's long term reliability. I am so happy to finally drive a vehicle that has over 200 ft lbs of torque available from a small engine.

Great Step Up From Old S10!
By Rusty_fwg on 12/22/04 16:34 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

After driving and comparing many mid size trucks, I can now say I am more than pleased with my choice with the colorado. I have a reg. cab 5cyl z71 4x4 and have found it can get around in the worst possible places i could stick it. Gas mileage is good, better than a full size truck by far, and gets even better with a little weight in the back end. Has good sound and turns well. Factory stereo with tweeters is good, but will be adding a subwoofer for a little more umph. Tons more power and better feel than the new ranger, and is a lot better suited than the dakota. Best domestic small truck by far, I would tell anyone to pick one up!! Rusty

High Smileage Red Hauler
By BK Culbertson on 12/08/04 12:30 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

This is a great truck! I traded out of luxury cars to trucks and never looked back. Mileage is very good, comfort on long trips is excellent, hauling ability is terrific, and Colorado's fun to drive!! I looked at Toyotas(high price, low value), Dodge(felt like tin, too hard to drive), ford(your grandpa's truck, sluggish and sloppy), Nissan(all sizzle, no meat). Chevy built an absolute winner with the Colorado and GMC with the Canyon. As soon as I got mine, 2 friends bought 'em! Get one!