2005 Chevrolet Colorado Z85 LS Base Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

2005 Colorado Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Sort Reviews by

WOW
By Renorad

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I purchased my Colorado in July of 2004 and I have yet to get less than 20 miles per Gallon. The transmission is smooth and there is plenty of power. I live in the mountains and have no problems climbing the hills. I recommend this truck to anyone looking for a midsize pickup. p.s. to all those dads....the car seat fits easily in the back!

Favorite Features

The availiability of On Star and Satellite Radio. I also enjoy the quiet ride.

Suggested Improvements

None

MY FIRST CHEVY
By groundeffx

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I AM 6"6' AND I CAN DRIVE VERY COMFORTABLY WITH A 6YR OLD AND 2 BABY CAR SEATS IN THE REAR(3 KIDS). I WOULD NEVER BELIEVE THAT I COULD FIT THEM IN THE REAR AND BE ABLE TO DRIVE ON A 10 HOUR VACATION RIDE AND NOT FEEL CRAMPED AT MY SIZE ALOT OF ROOM .

Favorite Features

I LIKE THEM ALL

Suggested Improvements

SEATS NEED MORE TILT ON THE BOTTOM IT SITS TO FLAT.NEEDS MORE POWER MAYBE 260 HP.

I like it but ...
By DCT

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Overall, a good reliable utility vehicle. Dumb question for GM ... Why use light primer for a black painted truck? It shows every scratch ! Also, what were you thinking with the dip stick? It is a long cable that does not reliably show oil level.

Favorite Features

Good looks Good acceleration Very good fuel milage Fits well in a garage Roomy interior

Suggested Improvements

Rear seats need movable/removable headrests. Headrests are huge and block rear view when up. When down, front seat must be forward and cannot recline. Seat materials feel cheap, no lateral support. Emer brake release lever is too close to hood release & doesn't positively release

Great Pickup
By LBL

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Best pickup I have ever owned and fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Quiet ride, great gas milage (25 hwy, 18 city)

Suggested Improvements

Include a rear windshield wiper for the rear window on the crew cab asd an optional accessory.

(singing) I love my truck!
By Mo's Truck

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Being "mom," I always had the "family" vehicle. The Chevy Colorado allows me to have the family vehicle and a truck at the same time. I can haul and transport family, and whatever else I want easily.

Favorite Features

OnStar and the stereo sound system!

Suggested Improvements

The "hump" in the floor between the driver and passenger makes for placement of the foot on the gas pedal a bit uncomfortable.

Four wheel drive search.
By makeminebongo

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I was looking for a four wheel drive truck. I was going to buy another toyota truck like the one I was driving now. So, I went to the Toyota dealership. I was surprised in a bad way. Toyota has beccome one slick marketing item like all the rest of them. Nice slick paint jobs, lots of gadgets, impressive stuff to fool the green horns into thinking they were driving the real monster here. Not to mention real nice prices here too. Disappointed, went to the chevy dealership across the street, I first thought I was wasting my time, until I drove one. More imppressive power than the toyota, yeah more guts. No fancy gadgets, just plain stuff. I love it!

Gets the stares!
By Tyson45454

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Turns heads everywhere I go. Way much better than the S-10. Not as nice as the Silverado, but up in its class. Like a ROCK!

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome
By michaelmegga

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I have had my Chevey Colorado 4door Z71 Ls for a few months no and absolutely love it...on and off the pavement. I live in the heart of the Colorado Rockies at 10000 ft and have put this truck to the test in all area and it has done better than my brother in laws Toyota Tacoma hands down. I have driven both and like the Colorad better than any truck I have ever owned. IT IS SIMPLY AWESOME. Chevy finally built a solid truck through and through.

Favorite Features

The way it handles on and off the paved roads. It handles superbly.

Suggested Improvements

None

excellent truck
By bolts

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

one great chevy truck, i been a chevy owner for over 30 years, i'm telling you this truck is on the mark!!!!

A great Experience
By Mrcadilac

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I think the Colorado has a nice ride, better than I expected. The 5 Cyl has enough pick up and go for normal driving. The passing gear works fine, when it is needed. i cruise at 65 with no problem. I haven't had it for long, but I tested a lot of mid sized pick/ups before spending 25K. Colorado so far has met my expectations, considering the other comparable models cost much more.

Favorite Features

The wheel flairs, and step bars make it look sporty. the nose is much different than any other truck. The overall shape. The back seat is compfy.

Suggested Improvements

A choice of a bigger engine. The interior could be designed a bit sportier.