2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
WOW
By Renorad on 10/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I purchased my Colorado in July of 2004 and I have yet to get less than 20 miles per Gallon. The transmission is smooth and there is plenty of power. I live in the mountains and have no problems climbing the hills. I recommend this truck to anyone looking for a midsize pickup. p.s. to all those dads....the car seat fits easily in the back!

MY FIRST CHEVY
By groundeffx on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I AM 6"6' AND I CAN DRIVE VERY COMFORTABLY WITH A 6YR OLD AND 2 BABY CAR SEATS IN THE REAR(3 KIDS). I WOULD NEVER BELIEVE THAT I COULD FIT THEM IN THE REAR AND BE ABLE TO DRIVE ON A 10 HOUR VACATION RIDE AND NOT FEEL CRAMPED AT MY SIZE ALOT OF ROOM .

I like it but ...
By DCT on 09/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Overall, a good reliable utility vehicle. Dumb question for GM ... Why use light primer for a black painted truck? It shows every scratch ! Also, what were you thinking with the dip stick? It is a long cable that does not reliably show oil level.

Great Pickup
By LBL on 08/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Best pickup I have ever owned and fun to drive.

(singing) I love my truck!
By Mo's Truck on 08/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Being "mom," I always had the "family" vehicle. The Chevy Colorado allows me to have the family vehicle and a truck at the same time. I can haul and transport family, and whatever else I want easily.

Four wheel drive search.
By makeminebongo on 08/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I was looking for a four wheel drive truck. I was going to buy another toyota truck like the one I was driving now. So, I went to the Toyota dealership. I was surprised in a bad way. Toyota has beccome one slick marketing item like all the rest of them. Nice slick paint jobs, lots of gadgets, impressive stuff to fool the green horns into thinking they were driving the real monster here. Not to mention real nice prices here too. Disappointed, went to the chevy dealership across the street, I first thought I was wasting my time, until I drove one. More imppressive power than the toyota, yeah more guts. No fancy gadgets, just plain stuff. I love it!

Gets the stares!
By Tyson45454 on 08/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Turns heads everywhere I go. Way much better than the S-10. Not as nice as the Silverado, but up in its class. Like a ROCK!

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome
By michaelmegga on 07/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I have had my Chevey Colorado 4door Z71 Ls for a few months no and absolutely love it...on and off the pavement. I live in the heart of the Colorado Rockies at 10000 ft and have put this truck to the test in all area and it has done better than my brother in laws Toyota Tacoma hands down. I have driven both and like the Colorad better than any truck I have ever owned. IT IS SIMPLY AWESOME. Chevy finally built a solid truck through and through.

excellent truck
By bolts on 07/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

one great chevy truck, i been a chevy owner for over 30 years, i'm telling you this truck is on the mark!!!!

A great Experience
By Mrcadilac on 07/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I think the Colorado has a nice ride, better than I expected. The 5 Cyl has enough pick up and go for normal driving. The passing gear works fine, when it is needed. i cruise at 65 with no problem. I haven't had it for long, but I tested a lot of mid sized pick/ups before spending 25K. Colorado so far has met my expectations, considering the other comparable models cost much more.