2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Consumer Reviews 10

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Great "little" truck
By RandyG on 02/11/05 16:16 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

This is my first pickup after many years in an SUV. The crew cab has plenty of room for kids and adults alike. The truck bed gets more storage than I ever had in any SUV. I loaded my Colorado up with almost every option and still spent almost 10K less than the middle and high end suv's. The truck has also performed great in the big snow storms we've had in the northeast this winter.

Sharp Ride
By Steve on 02/11/05 11:09 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

5 cylinder has plenty of power, along with great fuel economy. The styling of this truck is awesome, people love it. Recieve plenty of compliments and looks. Has potential for upgrades. Handles great. Very comfortable to drive, but still is defintly a truck. The 5 cylinder engine runs smooth. Engine does not feel like it is less than a V6, actually feels better. Transmission shifts good. Very pleased with this truck, much better than the S-10. Nice JOB GM!!

I like it
By Sam C on 02/10/05 21:06 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I really like the fuel economy this truck delivers. Even when towing my trailer, it still does quite well. The 225 hp engine is a nice performer. I love the yellow paint and the sport interior.

Bad n' Black
By Loanshrk777 on 01/29/05 10:31 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I love this truck It looks great and runs great. Everytime I step on the gas it brings a smile to my face. Heated seats are great in Chicago winters and the traction control also works well in the snow. It looks like a much more expensive than what it cost. I am not ashamed to drive my boss around in this baby! I was going to buy a fullsize Chevy and I am happy I didn't. I get better gas mileage and it's faster 0-60 than the big truck.

Excellent Pickup
By TOM FIELDS on 01/24/05 16:02 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I have driven on dry,wet,snow and ice roads. This pick-up handles well in all those conditions. Love the L-5 engine. Has plenty of power. Ride is great.

All Around Fun Truck
By RowdyRado on 01/23/05 03:55 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

This truck is the best thing Chevy has come out with in a while. A lot of people knock the I-5 Motor, but it's great. I'm 6'5" and I have plenty of room in this truck. It's a real performer on & offroad. Driving 50 miles round trip for school every day isn't so bad in this with the great gas mileage. XM Radio is a great feature too. MP3 Player is really nice as well. This really does put an S-10 to shame. It also rides considerably well considering it's a 4x4.

Love it
By dennis on 01/19/05 14:59 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I went from a 2001 fullsize Chevy to the 4-door Colorado. I thought I would miss the roomy interior, but I had no problem. It rides good, and handles great with good power. Not bad mileage and look great.

Colorado
By Postman on 01/17/05 15:51 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Very good power and mileage. I get 20.5 to 21+ MPG during combination highway and city driving during warmer months. Got 23 to 24 MPG on the interstate. Wheels are a little cheap with a large plastic center piece. A very bullish appearance for a smaller truck, looks tough compared to other brands. Console needs to be enlarged.

Midsize comfort
By gkoz on 01/14/05 23:44 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I was a full-size truck owner looking for something a bit smaller and easier on gas. The Colorado fits the bill. Much easier to park in the Walmart parking lot not to mention my garage. The box might be small for some people but I can get at the things in the back without climbing in. I pull a double ATV trailer and a utility trailer with ease. The 4000# load range is more than enough for my needs. The cab has room enough for four adults and is much more comfortable than my 2002 extended cab GMC Seirra.

Dodge sucks
By Bill on 01/01/05 12:32 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

It was time for me to give up my poorly made dakota and ram and start driving a real truck.