2005 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Take this truck and ...
By Truckhound on 06/23/10 19:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Z85 Fleet Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

The truck I have is a company vehicle I've used since new. It only failed to start once and I only needed to wait 10 minutes to have it start. Reason unknown. This truck has been serviced regularly and performs flawlessly. Canadian winters are no obstacle as long as you have winter tires and keep a couple of sand bags over the rear axle for severe winters. If driven with a light touch the fuel economy is outstanding even with a decent load. The interior is very spartan cheap in fact. It is functional, the climate controls work well but I dearly miss a center armrest of some kind. There isn't much this truck won't do. You can take this truck, put it to task and it won't let you down!

Built Cheap 05 Colorado
By jsken on 04/15/09 14:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ZQ8 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

This truck is cheaply built. I have had to replace the tires on it at 30K miles. Now they tell me I need to spend $1500-2000 on new brakes, shocks, struts, and tie rods. I have had the front end aligned once and it needs it again at 50K miles. The interior molding in the windshield was ruined after 1 year. Numerous rattles and squeaks. I would be ashamed as a manufacturer to sell this vehicle.

40 months of great service
By mike on 09/28/08 15:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Average 24 to 27 mpg. That's 50 hwy 50 city. Hauls all I need, drives great. Had crap general tires I replaced with BFG trail. 4 cyc 5 sp manual. Cheap cost, great value, will probably get another in 8 mo when this one's paid off

My Experience
By Tommy on 04/19/06 15:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Since I have had this truck I have loved it. It feels more comfortable than my old F250 that I traded in and the fuel economy is much better. I have made it from Stow, Ohio to Roanoke, Virginia on half a tank of gas. The truck runs smooth and quiet, you can really feel the power of the engine as well with all of the pick up and go. Since I have had the truck I have had the bed lined with Line-X and I have added a class 3 hitch to pull a pop-up camper and my boat. Even when towing the truck has shown no problems. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a good mid size truck today.

2 door 3.5 eng with 4WD
By KerryC on 03/03/06 11:25 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Z85 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

The interior space in the 2 door regular cab is plenty for me. I like the MP3 system / stereo. The 3.5 eng has plenty of zip and torque. Overall, the size makes is easy to drive in traffic. 4WD in Wisconsin winter weather is great! I found this to be much more reasonable price wise to the Toyota which I also considered.

Great Little Truck!
By chonny on 03/01/06 02:42 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I really enjoy driving this truck. I've had no problems at all. I have yet to get under 21 mpg. Have gotten as high as 28.1. The 2.8L 4cyl is very surprising in the amount of power it puts out. Would definitely buy another one if I was in the market.

Average truck
By golden on 02/03/06 20:36 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a pretty average truck. It doesnt really excel in any area. I went on a trip to Wisconsin and was driving thru the mountains and the little 4 cylinder engine could not take it. It's comfortable inside but not great. Long trips are tiring. The manual is pretty good but needs a broader range of shifting. And what is up with no key holes on the passenger door?!!!

Uncomfortable ride
By Dave on 01/23/06 13:36 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Colorado as a replacement for my S10. As a long time Chevrolet customer I was very disappointed in the ride. My standard cab seat is very uncomfortable to the point I have been trying to trade or get rid of it already. My back's taking a beating. Other than poor ride it seems to handle good and has been dependable. I sought help from the dealer and from Chevrolet without relief. Factory said too bad thats the way its made and there is no defect. Looking for something else

Rick's 2006 Colorado
By Rick on 12/30/05 08:05 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I like the truck very much. It does everything I would like in a truck. I would recommend buying one, or a GMC since they are about the same. Especially planning ahead and using the GM Master Card and Employee Pricing.

Good Bang for Buck
By Colorado LS on 12/02/05 13:11 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Z85 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this truck for only 5 months but it has been great so far. It gets great gas mileage (22highway) for a 4x4 truck and 5 cylinder engine (also comes in 2x4, and 4 cylinder engine). This truck is small, drives more like a car than any other truck I have driven, very manuverable and convenient. Compared to any other trucks on the market I think that the Colorados and Canyons (GMC same thing, different label) are the best deal.