Used 2005 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Take this truck and ...
By Truckhound

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Z85 Fleet Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

The truck I have is a company vehicle I've used since new. It only failed to start once and I only needed to wait 10 minutes to have it start. Reason unknown. This truck has been serviced regularly and performs flawlessly. Canadian winters are no obstacle as long as you have winter tires and keep a couple of sand bags over the rear axle for severe winters. If driven with a light touch the fuel economy is outstanding even with a decent load. The interior is very spartan cheap in fact. It is functional, the climate controls work well but I dearly miss a center armrest of some kind. There isn't much this truck won't do. You can take this truck, put it to task and it won't let you down!

Simplicity (not to be confused with cheap), excellent reliability and fuel economy.

Simplicity is a good thing that would be better if some of the materials were of higher grade.

Built Cheap 05 Colorado
By jsken

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ZQ8 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

This truck is cheaply built. I have had to replace the tires on it at 30K miles. Now they tell me I need to spend $1500-2000 on new brakes, shocks, struts, and tie rods. I have had the front end aligned once and it needs it again at 50K miles. The interior molding in the windshield was ruined after 1 year. Numerous rattles and squeaks. I would be ashamed as a manufacturer to sell this vehicle.

Gas mileage for a 5 speed manual transmission.

Sturdier build, better brakes and suspension package, more durable interior

40 months of great service
By mike

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Average 24 to 27 mpg. That's 50 hwy 50 city. Hauls all I need, drives great. Had crap general tires I replaced with BFG trail. 4 cyc 5 sp manual. Cheap cost, great value, will probably get another in 8 mo when this one's paid off

Always starts and runs

6 or seven speed trany

My Experience
By Tommy

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Since I have had this truck I have loved it. It feels more comfortable than my old F250 that I traded in and the fuel economy is much better. I have made it from Stow, Ohio to Roanoke, Virginia on half a tank of gas. The truck runs smooth and quiet, you can really feel the power of the engine as well with all of the pick up and go. Since I have had the truck I have had the bed lined with Line-X and I have added a class 3 hitch to pull a pop-up camper and my boat. Even when towing the truck has shown no problems. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a good mid size truck today.

I like having the exterior lighting automatic and I like the basic feature of A/C in the truck.

I think that if alloy wheels were standard it would make a great improvement as well as standard CD players in the vehicles.

2 door 3.5 eng with 4WD
By KerryC

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Z85 LS 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

The interior space in the 2 door regular cab is plenty for me. I like the MP3 system / stereo. The 3.5 eng has plenty of zip and torque. Overall, the size makes is easy to drive in traffic. 4WD in Wisconsin winter weather is great! I found this to be much more reasonable price wise to the Toyota which I also considered.

Size, handling and looks. The dark green color looks good and many people have said that to me.

Larger tires and wheels. 15" should be 16" or more.