2005 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
I love it
By Ken on 12/26/09 05:08 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z71 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this Colorado used 2 years ago. Other than normal servicing, all I have replaced is the battery at 5 years. I drove it home (550 miles) in a snow storm and got 24.0 on the first tank and 24.4 mpg on the second. In town I get between 20 and 21. The work truck the seats are non-reclining and terrible. I replaced them with a used set of very comfortable LT seats. Traction on the OEM General Ameritracs is terrible. I now have 74,000 miles and can not wear them out. I bought two General AT22 for this winter and the traction is unbelievable. I'll buy two more as soon as I wear out the original Ameritracs. I'm looking at a 2006 for my daughter this week. Great truck!!!

Colorado proves to be a surprising ride!
By Gil H on 07/20/07 21:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z71 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

At the time that I was shopping for a light duty truck I was impressed enough with the Chevy Colorado to take a chance at first glance. Sure there was a lot of history with US trucks in as much as how reliable they were compared to their Japanese competitors. For once, I'm happy to report that I was right (thank goodness!) in my initial assessment of this impressive vehicle. After 63,000 miles my truck still rides fine, has been hassle free and has made me a believer. It's been just what I'd hoped it'd be and a bit more. A no-nonsense, get me there-and-back, reliable truck. It's not as fancy as most the others but I have to say I'm really happy with my purchase.

2005 Red Chevy Colorado Z-71
By redchevycolorado on 06/24/07 05:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z71 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

It's a great truck if you want to have decent fuel mileage, but still have the ability to tow or haul. I regularly tow a 200 pound trailer with an 1100 pound generator on it, and I can't tell it's behind me (max tow weight is 4000 pounds). When hauling bags of sand or concrete blocks, the stock suspension does exceptionally well, with only a 3 - 3.5 inch drop. (An upgrade to load adjusting shocks though keeps this around 1 - 1.5 inches).

Best truck for the money
By Chevy Colorado on 09/21/06 13:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z71 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Plenty of power, smooth transmission. Great looks. Perfect fit and finish. Very large bed, plenty of leg room. Haven't had a single problem. Drives much smoother than the Tacoma and Frontier. Feels and handles great. The Z71 package adds more than just looks. The anti-slip rear drive with override works perfect as sliding out in wet conditions is prevented. Perfect alternative to the full size gas guzzlers.

cheap interior
By norman 189 on 08/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z71 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great performing and great looking truck from the exterior. Cheap looking from the inside. Boring interior, stiff seats, no style what so ever. cheap console between seats. Cheap thin looking plastic door panels. Rides nice. Handles excellent with good braking. If only they(GM) would of spent more than 5 minutes and $5.00 on the interior this would be one great truck.

Great truck
By Stepwedge67 on 08/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z71 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've waited all year to buy this truck. Well worth the wait, it's a lot of fun to drive. Plenty of power and the best look on the road of any truck in it's class.