Used 2005 Chevrolet Colorado Z85 LS Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Not as good as a Toyota
By Jake

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this truck instead of a Tacoma and wish that I did not. My full size GMC Z71 was better on fuel, better comfort, and better made. I average 16.5 mpg in Va. I got 17 - 18mpg on the 5.3l V8. The truck is noisy, and the interior does not appear that it will hold up. This will be my last Colorado.

Crew cab, and 4 wheel drive works great.

Interior, power of 3.5 not what 4.3 was.

'05 Colorado 2.8L Crew Cab LS
By Phase700B

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased this Colorado as a Chevy program vehicle from the dealer. It had a great option package, is a crew cab LS and has both OnStar and XM radio. The clincher was the Granite Blue color which makes the truck look upscale. It hauls my 1500lb boat trailer & also a small utility trailer with no trouble. It's not a rocket,but very surprising in what it can do for a 4cyl. Around town we get 17-19mpg and hwy 24-26mpg. Lower numbers are for winter driving, higher reflect wind or hwy speed. I drive 65-70 hwy. Love that it came with power windows/locks, AC, OnStar, 6CD/XM Radio, locking differential, and traction ctrl. '06 and later can not get these last 2 options on 4cyl crew cab LS.

Wife loves the seats. More comfort than her '05 Malibu. Says fit her better. Gas mileage, versatility. Buy this instead of a compact SUV. Room for 5-6 with more cargo area. Put a nice cap on the back and no gas fumes or danger of loose cargo. Gets better mpg than Explorer, Edge, Honda, Toyota RAV4.

Better dash board components. Use more car-like softer plastics. Offer light gray or tan interiors with all exterior colors. Graphite black is so dark. Offer locking differential and stability track on all models. Offer 5 or 6 speed automatic transmission.

2005 Chevy Colorado, Oh No!
By Kevin

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a brand new 2005 Chevy Colorado during the employee pricing. I should have walked across the street to the Toyota dealership. My truck has been in the shop over 20 times for AC, CD player, radio not working, tire balance, cruise control, AC fan only working on speed 4, broken seat handle, leaking rain water in the cab. The truck looks great and that is about it. I can't believe one vehicle can have so many problems. Never again! Sorry Chevy!

Looks great.

Everything from tires to back seats adjusting.

Colorado
By josh1usa

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I was just hit by a Honda Odyssey that ran a red light. My truck weathered the blow pretty well considering I was not moving and the other car was going about 45 mph. My daughter and I walked away from the wreck with no injuried and the truck remained remarkably intact with the excepton of the hubcaps that were shattered, and the rear axle was twisted (the other car hit me directly in the rear tires). I loved that truck, I miss it, and plan on getting another one.

I loved the simple, yet new styling of the interior. I also liked the smooth freeway handling and surprisinngly high power and speed I got from the 4 cyl engine! It is easy to work on myself on the simple routine maintenance such as oil, oil filter, air filter, and brake pad changes.

Slightly higher ground clearance. A DC outlet on the tailgate.

The skinny on the Colorado
By Ryan

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

The Colorado rides like a full size and is as comfortable in every way as any truck on the market. With power everything and plenty of power in the 3.5 L 5 cyl for your everyday hauling and stop and go traffic it leaves one wondering....why didn't anyone think of the 5 cyl before? I like the lines on the body, they are simple and catch the eye with its square ends. This truck is almost exactly like the Slverado in cosmetics, and it is perfect for the anti-suv population who still want to haul the kids and the u-haul, with comparable fuel economy.

Pwer everything, curtain airbags in the front, nice sound system, good exhaust off the lot.

Culd use more low end torque, and a better air induction system