2005 Chevrolet Colorado ZQ8 LS Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

2005 Colorado Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Sort Reviews by

my cool colorado
By John

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I bought my colorado with 43K miles from an auction. I really like it allot. I have a lower than usual RWD pick-up truck with a stock sport suspension and stock 17's so the ride is pretty.....well....sporty! I can say one thing, when this car is on the freeway going about 65 mph. you can't even feel it. It's very smooth, even though the acceleration is pretty darn right lazy for a 5 cyl. engine. Engine and transmission is a charm, good job GM (general motors). I love this truck, looks good and does the job. I can even use it as a family car since I have the crew cab. 5 adults can ride comfortably, and there is no problem putting a baby chair in the back.

Favorite Features

The head lights, and smooth ride

Suggested Improvements

cd player doesn't always work

Worst truck purchase ever!
By Stephen

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

In under 40,000 miles, I have had to change the clutch, have the brakes rebuilt, new tire rods, and live with the wonderful feeling of is the truck going to die on the way to work again. I am currently driving with the check engine light due to faulty vacuum seals. This truck has been used to haul items less than ten times and never over a thousand pounds. the vehicle rattles and does not drive nice, several of the dashboard lights have burnt out. Do not buy one of these vehicles they are not put together well.

Favorite Features

none thought it would be nice to have the crew cab to haul the kids around. we don't drive the truck because it is so unreliable

Suggested Improvements

start over and try again

She's A Keeper
By tonkatruk

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I've owned my crew Z71 for a little over 2 years now, haven't experienced problem one to date. It's funny because my wife has a Sequoia that she just had to have, purchased it before I bought my truck. 9 times out of 10 if she's running out for an errand she grabs my keys! With a daughter just beginning to drive guess who's vehicle she constantly want's to take as well. I may be needing to buy another one here in the near future, hope they put one out soon with a 6 cylinder, that would make my day. I'm getting about 21.7 MPG on the highway with a full crew in it, not too bad for a crew pick-up. Love the Z71 stance, feels big ... without the cost of driving big. Kudos to Chevy on this one.

Favorite Features

I like the bench seat with the ability to throw in a 6th occupant when in need. Also, like the Z71 suspension without having to add the 4 wheel drive. Handling around town and on the highway is firm and predictable.

Suggested Improvements

Upgrade to interior plastics, maybe more textures instead of the simulated grain. More choices of seat fabrics and carpet.

2005 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab
By steppen_out

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Love this truck. It is easy to drive, has good pickup and go. Rides like a car. Glad we bought it.

Favorite Features

Fits 4 adults easy. Comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Take the cupholder in backseat out of the seat area and put them on the door so you can utilize the center seating for a small child.

Colo"RAD"o
By Alex123

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

This truck looks great and is great to drive. It has all the power I need and responds well.

Favorite Features

Interior room is fabulous.

Suggested Improvements

It should have more running lights standard.

Neat Truck
By Danny

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I bought the Xtreme package, it really gets a lot of looks. The truck has not had any real problems yet, and I now have 6500 miles on it. There is a ringing noise when the A/C is on. The dealer says the entire dash has to be removed to fix the noise. I really do not want the dash taken out, I am afraid the dash will rattle. The interior materials are very cheap. The truck is fun to drive. My intial MPG was almost 25 on the highway, but mileage has now dropped to about 20 MPG.

Favorite Features

I like the stance of the ZQ8 Xtreme package. The 18" tires and wheels give it a great look.

Suggested Improvements

GM needs to use better interior materials. The dash materials are very cheap.

No second guess on this buy
By Mark stalbird

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Had this truck for 8 months now and I'm still surprised at the gas mileage. Best looking truck on the road. This much power for a 5cylinder? You have got to be kidding.

Favorite Features

Rugged good looks, gas mileage, comfortable seats, great sounding stereo. LS rear end makes a big differance.

Suggested Improvements

Dump those gigantic headrests or make them removable.

Bad n' Black
By Loanshrk777

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I love this truck It looks great and runs great. Everytime I step on the gas it brings a smile to my face. Heated seats are great in Chicago winters and the traction control also works well in the snow. It looks like a much more expensive than what it cost. I am not ashamed to drive my boss around in this baby! I was going to buy a fullsize Chevy and I am happy I didn't. I get better gas mileage and it's faster 0-60 than the big truck.

Favorite Features

The power and torque. It just looks so good.

Suggested Improvements

Larger wheels maybe 18" or 20". I know the new extreme will have 18's. Maybe a little lower in the rear end just to make the truck set level.

All of the Above
By rollingshadow

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Great truck so far. Bought a 2004 from the internet based only on the available reviews, features, price, and looks. Everything was true. Good power, torque, handling, ride quality, interior and bed space. Mediocre interior, flat bucket seats, lots of plastic. After 3000 miles I am very happy. The I5 and 4L60e work together beautifully. Quick shifts and instant downshifts. No busy shifting. Excellent ride quality and impressive handling for a small truck. The new I5 engine is impressive but has to prove it's long term reliability. I am so happy to finally drive a vehicle that has over 200 ft lbs of torque available from a small engine.

Favorite Features

Power, torque, handling, ride quality, looks, price, reliability, although yet to be proven.

Suggested Improvements

remove rear headrests (blocks vision and prevents reclining front seats when folded flat) rear window defroster softer armrests, especially on console plastic tailgate handle is gonna break, especially when frozen. adjustable pedals and/or steering better seats (hire a good ergonomics engineer)

High Smileage Red Hauler
By BK Culbertson

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

This is a great truck! I traded out of luxury cars to trucks and never looked back. Mileage is very good, comfort on long trips is excellent, hauling ability is terrific, and Colorado's fun to drive!! I looked at Toyotas(high price, low value), Dodge(felt like tin, too hard to drive), ford(your grandpa's truck, sluggish and sloppy), Nissan(all sizzle, no meat). Chevy built an absolute winner with the Colorado and GMC with the Canyon. As soon as I got mine, 2 friends bought 'em! Get one!

Favorite Features

Roomy cab in front and back, power seats are very flexible, stereo sound is outstanding, smooth engine with power and economy, easy size for parking, and the utility uses are endless. The sport package looks pretty hot, too.

Suggested Improvements

Make XM or Sirius and OnStar standard.