Used 2005 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 LS Base Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

2005 that has given me no problems
By Debis

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

My daughter and I fell in love with the Colorado crew cab on first sight and I have not been disappointed. We drove it home the same day we laid eyes on it. Did the recall on the brake lights and dealt with the ac switch but I have had no other problems. It is a perfect size for me and my big yellow dog that thinks the truck belongs to him. Gas mileage is much better when I pay attention to my speed.

Red color, Z71 package, tinted windows, chrome running boards and the 5 cylinder has proved problem free so far. I have an 05 with 104K miles on it so Red gets a lot of road miles.

Fix the AC switch so it doesn't go out, extend the warranty

A Keeper!
By Chris

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

As a first time truck owner, I was a little unsure of what to truly expect after driving it off of the lot. After driving the truck for about 2 months now, I can say that I made a good decision! The truck responds quickly to driver input, with very little delay at highway speed. The only negative I have is the response off of the line. Low end torque needs to be adjusted. Other than that, the Colorado is a versatile little horse. It's a keeper!

Crew cab size, sunroof

Increase low-end torque

2005 Colorado- Not what I expected
By Terri McGinnis

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Fuel mileage less than expected with 5 engine. I have had too many issues for a new truck. The air conditioning is not very strong, air flow. The interior is very cheap, and cheap looking. The cloth on the front seat is puffing up, of course it is still under warranty, but the whole reason to purchase a new vehicle, is so you don't have to go in for repairs. The truck is not at all what I was expecting. Very disspointed in the truck.

I like the styling of the truck outside, but the inside is not comfortable.

Need big improvement in the interior. Very cheap materials used, headliner, doors, seats etc. More leg room for the back seat, When installing a baby seat for a toddler, there is no leg room for a three year old, her legs are right against the back seat. Need to go back to the drawing board on this.

Solid like a rock
By lovethetruck

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Great all around truck for me. Love the exterior, sharper than all of the competition. The interior isn't anything special, but it's a truck, not a Cadillac. On long trips my right leg sits uncomfortable due to the transmission hub while using the cruise. But, I am 6'4". I don't haul much, so it was a great fit. Engine has plenty of power and does all that I ask of it. I don't hot rod around town but when I press the gas, it's always been there. Feels like it has more if I needed it. Very fun in snow. The truck brakes well, it doesn't seem to nose-dive at quick stops (could be the Z71 suspension). I averaged 20 mpg all around for the last year. Not one regret since I bought.

Clean lines exterior. Z71 w/o 4WD. Comfortable front seats(cloth buckets) that support well, lumbar is a must. Full size feel to the rear cabin. Great balance of power and ecomomy. Side impact airbags. Responsive steering that holds well wind.

Rear headrests that can be removed for greater visibility-good habit to check blind spots though. Larger fuel tank. 6-speed transmission. Wheel mounted audio controls. Better DIC- Miles to empty, etc.

Rippen Fun
By Mike

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

The 3500 5cyl. Vortec engine in my extended cab kept right up on a Camaro SS. This truck has very great power and unreal gas mileage to go with it. Only two things I don't absolutly love about the truck is no reclining seats and wheels come too small stock. Overall you can't beat the price. It's the best deal on a midsize truck and it will smoke any other midsize truck. You cant go wrong with this one.

The power and gas mileage to match. Unbelievable.

Bigger stock wheels. Reclining seats