Used 2005 Chevrolet Colorado ZQ8 LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Colorado

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

my cool colorado
By John

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I bought my colorado with 43K miles from an auction. I really like it allot. I have a lower than usual RWD pick-up truck with a stock sport suspension and stock 17's so the ride is pretty.....well....sporty! I can say one thing, when this car is on the freeway going about 65 mph. you can't even feel it. It's very smooth, even though the acceleration is pretty darn right lazy for a 5 cyl. engine. Engine and transmission is a charm, good job GM (general motors). I love this truck, looks good and does the job. I can even use it as a family car since I have the crew cab. 5 adults can ride comfortably, and there is no problem putting a baby chair in the back.

Favorite Features

The head lights, and smooth ride

Suggested Improvements

cd player doesn't always work

Worst truck purchase ever!
By Stephen

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

In under 40,000 miles, I have had to change the clutch, have the brakes rebuilt, new tire rods, and live with the wonderful feeling of is the truck going to die on the way to work again. I am currently driving with the check engine light due to faulty vacuum seals. This truck has been used to haul items less than ten times and never over a thousand pounds. the vehicle rattles and does not drive nice, several of the dashboard lights have burnt out. Do not buy one of these vehicles they are not put together well.

Favorite Features

none thought it would be nice to have the crew cab to haul the kids around. we don't drive the truck because it is so unreliable

Suggested Improvements

start over and try again

She's A Keeper
By tonkatruk

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I've owned my crew Z71 for a little over 2 years now, haven't experienced problem one to date. It's funny because my wife has a Sequoia that she just had to have, purchased it before I bought my truck. 9 times out of 10 if she's running out for an errand she grabs my keys! With a daughter just beginning to drive guess who's vehicle she constantly want's to take as well. I may be needing to buy another one here in the near future, hope they put one out soon with a 6 cylinder, that would make my day. I'm getting about 21.7 MPG on the highway with a full crew in it, not too bad for a crew pick-up. Love the Z71 stance, feels big ... without the cost of driving big. Kudos to Chevy on this one.

Favorite Features

I like the bench seat with the ability to throw in a 6th occupant when in need. Also, like the Z71 suspension without having to add the 4 wheel drive. Handling around town and on the highway is firm and predictable.

Suggested Improvements

Upgrade to interior plastics, maybe more textures instead of the simulated grain. More choices of seat fabrics and carpet.

2005 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab
By steppen_out

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Love this truck. It is easy to drive, has good pickup and go. Rides like a car. Glad we bought it.

Favorite Features

Fits 4 adults easy. Comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Take the cupholder in backseat out of the seat area and put them on the door so you can utilize the center seating for a small child.

Colo"RAD"o
By Alex123

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

This truck looks great and is great to drive. It has all the power I need and responds well.

Favorite Features

Interior room is fabulous.

Suggested Improvements

It should have more running lights standard.