2005 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Not as good as a Toyota
By Jake on 06/18/08 13:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this truck instead of a Tacoma and wish that I did not. My full size GMC Z71 was better on fuel, better comfort, and better made. I average 16.5 mpg in Va. I got 17 - 18mpg on the 5.3l V8. The truck is noisy, and the interior does not appear that it will hold up. This will be my last Colorado.

'05 Colorado 2.8L Crew Cab LS
By Phase700B on 04/05/08 07:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased this Colorado as a Chevy program vehicle from the dealer. It had a great option package, is a crew cab LS and has both OnStar and XM radio. The clincher was the Granite Blue color which makes the truck look upscale. It hauls my 1500lb boat trailer & also a small utility trailer with no trouble. It's not a rocket,but very surprising in what it can do for a 4cyl. Around town we get 17-19mpg and hwy 24-26mpg. Lower numbers are for winter driving, higher reflect wind or hwy speed. I drive 65-70 hwy. Love that it came with power windows/locks, AC, OnStar, 6CD/XM Radio, locking differential, and traction ctrl. '06 and later can not get these last 2 options on 4cyl crew cab LS.

2005 Chevy Colorado, Oh No!
By Kevin on 08/07/07 11:40 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a brand new 2005 Chevy Colorado during the employee pricing. I should have walked across the street to the Toyota dealership. My truck has been in the shop over 20 times for AC, CD player, radio not working, tire balance, cruise control, AC fan only working on speed 4, broken seat handle, leaking rain water in the cab. The truck looks great and that is about it. I can't believe one vehicle can have so many problems. Never again! Sorry Chevy!

Colorado
By josh1usa on 12/03/06 20:39 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I was just hit by a Honda Odyssey that ran a red light. My truck weathered the blow pretty well considering I was not moving and the other car was going about 45 mph. My daughter and I walked away from the wreck with no injuried and the truck remained remarkably intact with the excepton of the hubcaps that were shattered, and the rear axle was twisted (the other car hit me directly in the rear tires). I loved that truck, I miss it, and plan on getting another one.

The skinny on the Colorado
By Ryan on 05/30/06 11:38 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

The Colorado rides like a full size and is as comfortable in every way as any truck on the market. With power everything and plenty of power in the 3.5 L 5 cyl for your everyday hauling and stop and go traffic it leaves one wondering....why didn't anyone think of the 5 cyl before? I like the lines on the body, they are simple and catch the eye with its square ends. This truck is almost exactly like the Slverado in cosmetics, and it is perfect for the anti-suv population who still want to haul the kids and the u-haul, with comparable fuel economy.

Z85 CrewCab
By NewColy on 04/12/06 10:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have ~15,000 miles on my '05 Crew Cab 3.5L/auto (build date 5/2005).Comfort and ride is far better. Fuel economy is excellent, summer months I get 18-20 city, 23-24.5 city, winter months are 17- 18 city, 22-23.4 hwy.,17-18 city or hwy towing a double jet-ski trailer(1300lbs total). The stock I5/auto is a little underpowered for a crewcab. The two downfalls I have encountered are fuel economy and power is diminished greatly with any tire change other than stock size and brand. There are too many TSB’s for this truck. It is literally a hit or miss purchase. I would suggest buying a vehicle built after 6/2005, if not, negotiate for the 100k extended warranty. All in all I am very happy with my purchase.

Very Good Truck
By Stevereno on 08/17/05 14:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I got the Z85 LS automatic with the I5 engine. The truck is very useful. Lots of room on the inside for the 4 door crew cab. Very attactive appearance. You can beat this truck for the money. I would have spent a good bit more on a Dakota.

Great truck, great mileage
By teflonjpr2 on 08/05/05 22:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the truck after much research. Wanted the utility of a truck, something that could tow a 16ft boat, yet had acceptable mileage. I have had the truck for a month, and love it. I have put 4000 miles on it, and routinely get 25+ mpg (even with the 5 cyl). I have seen others complaining about the mileage, but don't know what differential they have, and recommend at least the 3.73, and I have the 3.42. The ride and acceleration are excellent, even compared to the car I was driving before. The steering is a bit soft in tight turns, but no worse than any other trucks I have owned. Overall, I couldn't find a better deal out there.

Sharp Ride
By Steve on 02/11/05 11:09 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

5 cylinder has plenty of power, along with great fuel economy. The styling of this truck is awesome, people love it. Recieve plenty of compliments and looks. Has potential for upgrades. Handles great. Very comfortable to drive, but still is defintly a truck. The 5 cylinder engine runs smooth. Engine does not feel like it is less than a V6, actually feels better. Transmission shifts good. Very pleased with this truck, much better than the S-10. Nice JOB GM!!

Best new truck around.
By Chevydriver on 11/05/04 19:04 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z85 LS Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have the Z85 LS 2wd Crew Cab with the I5 3.5L engine and auto tran. This truck replaced a '97 S-10 LS Ext. Cab. Although the truck is really new, I don't see any outstanding complaints. It is very fuctional and most of all, fun to drive. The features you get these days on GM trucks is impressive for the price. I did my comparison homework and found that with all the rebates from GM and low MSRP, the Colorado is the best value in its class. Althoug the Crew Cab shortens the bed to 5', it does not look carlike compared to a Ford Sport-trac. With the additon of the towing package you have room for 5 people, the gear in the bed and a smaller "toy" to haul to the lake or woods!