Used 2005 Chevrolet Colorado ZQ8 LS Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

DO NOT BUY THIS TRUCK
By chevysucks1

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

The Chevy Colorado is an electrical nightmare. If you are considering buying this truck, leave the dealership immediately, and go buy a horse. This truck is complete garbage. The blower works, sometimes, the lights work, sometimes, the radio works, sometimes, and its all stems from GM having a terrible electrical system. I have read forums with people having these issues with the Colorado of any year. So, GM obviously doesn't care enough to fix the issues their vehicles have considering the electrical systems they install have been worthless for over a decade with no recalls. I would recommend buying from any other manufacturer.

Suggested Improvements

Scrap the entire electrical system and install a gerbil in a wheel. It would be more reliable.

Very Reliable Truck - Trailers Great!!
By scott

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I have had pretty good luck with this Chevy. I bought it with 8K miles, and it now has 52K miles. I have driven across country with a boat trailer weighing 2500 lbs, as well as a camper weighing 3000 lbs, and also a camper weighing 4000 lbs. It pulled all of the trailers smoothly with no problem. It has the sport suspension package which helps great for handling. The longest drive with a trailer was about 600 miles, and it was the 4000 lb(24 ft) camper, I had no problem keeping it at 60-65 mph across KS and MO. I had the stabilizer bars on. It handles a trailer great with the added Class III hitch, aftermarket. Best gas mileage I had was 26mpg with full bed going 65mph.

Favorite Features

I like the daytime running lamps, fog lamps and the low stance. It also has very easy to use controls. It can haul a motorcycle just fine with the tailgate held halfway open.

Suggested Improvements

Offer an upgrade available to increase the older 3.5L to 3.7L. I would like a little bit more room in the rear seat for passengers.

First Chevrolet Truck Experience
By BWSwmr

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I received this truck in May as a company vehicle, and since picking it up new, it has 25,000 miles on it. I've experienced only one problem with this vehicle - the coating on the radio buttons chips off, exposing the white plastic behind. All in all, the quality has been un-like that of any other American car I've ever driven. It's solid, well designed, the interior is well executed, and it's extremely quiet. I do find the driver and passenger seats extremely uncomfortable however - all though it's a truck, and sits up high, the seats are essentially on the floor - leaving me with my knees in my chest when driving. Perhaps making all seats power would fix this??

Favorite Features

Auto-Dim mirror, versatility of a truck, fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the flat, floor-mounted seats. Adress the radio-button problem.

MY FIRST CHEVY
By groundeffx

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I AM 6"6' AND I CAN DRIVE VERY COMFORTABLY WITH A 6YR OLD AND 2 BABY CAR SEATS IN THE REAR(3 KIDS). I WOULD NEVER BELIEVE THAT I COULD FIT THEM IN THE REAR AND BE ABLE TO DRIVE ON A 10 HOUR VACATION RIDE AND NOT FEEL CRAMPED AT MY SIZE ALOT OF ROOM .

Favorite Features

I LIKE THEM ALL

Suggested Improvements

SEATS NEED MORE TILT ON THE BOTTOM IT SITS TO FLAT.NEEDS MORE POWER MAYBE 260 HP.

Great Pickup
By LBL

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Best pickup I have ever owned and fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Quiet ride, great gas milage (25 hwy, 18 city)

Suggested Improvements

Include a rear windshield wiper for the rear window on the crew cab asd an optional accessory.