2005 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
2005 that has given me no problems
By Debis on 07/14/08 19:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

My daughter and I fell in love with the Colorado crew cab on first sight and I have not been disappointed. We drove it home the same day we laid eyes on it. Did the recall on the brake lights and dealt with the ac switch but I have had no other problems. It is a perfect size for me and my big yellow dog that thinks the truck belongs to him. Gas mileage is much better when I pay attention to my speed.

A Keeper!
By Chris on 01/05/07 06:45 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

As a first time truck owner, I was a little unsure of what to truly expect after driving it off of the lot. After driving the truck for about 2 months now, I can say that I made a good decision! The truck responds quickly to driver input, with very little delay at highway speed. The only negative I have is the response off of the line. Low end torque needs to be adjusted. Other than that, the Colorado is a versatile little horse. It's a keeper!

2005 Colorado- Not what I expected
By Terri McGinnis on 04/29/06 07:31 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Fuel mileage less than expected with 5 engine. I have had too many issues for a new truck. The air conditioning is not very strong, air flow. The interior is very cheap, and cheap looking. The cloth on the front seat is puffing up, of course it is still under warranty, but the whole reason to purchase a new vehicle, is so you don't have to go in for repairs. The truck is not at all what I was expecting. Very disspointed in the truck.

Solid like a rock
By lovethetruck on 02/24/06 10:16 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Great all around truck for me. Love the exterior, sharper than all of the competition. The interior isn't anything special, but it's a truck, not a Cadillac. On long trips my right leg sits uncomfortable due to the transmission hub while using the cruise. But, I am 6'4". I don't haul much, so it was a great fit. Engine has plenty of power and does all that I ask of it. I don't hot rod around town but when I press the gas, it's always been there. Feels like it has more if I needed it. Very fun in snow. The truck brakes well, it doesn't seem to nose-dive at quick stops (could be the Z71 suspension). I averaged 20 mpg all around for the last year. Not one regret since I bought.

Rippen Fun
By Mike on 09/13/05 19:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

The 3500 5cyl. Vortec engine in my extended cab kept right up on a Camaro SS. This truck has very great power and unreal gas mileage to go with it. Only two things I don't absolutly love about the truck is no reclining seats and wheels come too small stock. Overall you can't beat the price. It's the best deal on a midsize truck and it will smoke any other midsize truck. You cant go wrong with this one.

Truck for the right price
By Matt on 07/28/05 15:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Never owned a Chevy before because they always seem cheaply made. The Colorado is better, but GM still has a long way to go if they expect to compete with any other brand. Love the looks from a distance, but the plastic grill, interior, seats, wheels, you name it look like a toy. The interior looks and feels like my kids toys. On the good side; good size truck for a family vehicle with decent power and MPG (although not good enough to justify purchasing the 5 over better engines. I towed an enclosed 4x8 trailer loaded with about 1k lbs from Grand Rapid to St Louis (mostly flat) and the tranny drove me nuts shifting gears all the time. All in all, this is a OK truck for my wifes DD.

Great truck
By drew on 03/14/05 11:32 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

This truck rides great. Plenty of power in all conditions. I bring a motorcycle to the track every weekend and the bed has plenty of room for two dirt bikes. Although I am going to get two extra tie downs instaled on the bed rails. I also tow a boat and it seems to tow great. The big tires with the smooth power makes it easy to tow my 3500 lb boat out of bad ramps in the Fla keys.

Excellent Pickup
By TOM FIELDS on 01/24/05 16:02 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I have driven on dry,wet,snow and ice roads. This pick-up handles well in all those conditions. Love the L-5 engine. Has plenty of power. Ride is great.

Four wheel drive search.
By makeminebongo on 08/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I was looking for a four wheel drive truck. I was going to buy another toyota truck like the one I was driving now. So, I went to the Toyota dealership. I was surprised in a bad way. Toyota has beccome one slick marketing item like all the rest of them. Nice slick paint jobs, lots of gadgets, impressive stuff to fool the green horns into thinking they were driving the real monster here. Not to mention real nice prices here too. Disappointed, went to the chevy dealership across the street, I first thought I was wasting my time, until I drove one. More imppressive power than the toyota, yeah more guts. No fancy gadgets, just plain stuff. I love it!

Gets the stares!
By Tyson45454 on 08/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Turns heads everywhere I go. Way much better than the S-10. Not as nice as the Silverado, but up in its class. Like a ROCK!