Used 2005 Chevrolet Colorado Z85 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Colorado

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Room for improvement
By Bolo

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

With the exception of the AC its been bulletproof mechanically. Got to say GM scrimped on the sheet metal an quality plastic though. Gas mileage isn't bad, but its still worse than the heavier older model 4Runner that it replaced. The engine has plenty of power for this size of truck. Size is very similar to the 67-72 Chevys of the past. I'll keep this one a while, but I'd have to seriously think before buying another Colorado.

Favorite Features

Strong 4 cyclinder engine, Styling

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel mileage, Thicker sheet metal. A bag of garbage will bend the fenders. Adjustable seat backs. Weak AC.

A Total Lemon
By Matt

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Colorado brand new, and have had nothing but trouble with it. It's died on me twice, I continue to have problems with the cd player. The AC squeals like a stuck pig, plastic molding had warped, carpeting comes up in chunks of fuzz. I've had problems with the ignition switch, airbag sensor, cruise control light, and interior paneling. The interior is of very cheap material and reeks of poor design. It's a sharp looking truck, and when it's not in the shop it drives and handles ok. Unless you're a die hard Chevy fan, I'd advise you to look elsewhere for a truck. Based on my experience with this, I'll never buy another Chevy truck.

Favorite Features

The exterior is quite sharp looking. It does turn heads.

Suggested Improvements

What can I say, reading the other reviews, my experience seems to be atypical, but they (Chevy) need to spend a little more time on quality control.

Americal built
By Pete

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven this truck in summer, fall and winter it has been reliable, safe, and very useful. I have had NO trouble with it at all. The fit and finish are comparable with the Toyota and Nissan that I test drove. It is quiter than the Ford and more economical than the Dodge.

Favorite Features

Four doors, and the excellent sound system

Suggested Improvements

A longer bed would be nice with a split endgate.

Good truck for price.
By Bud

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the truck in June of this year. So far it has been OK. Handling is great and fuel mileage is also great. Overall this is a great truck.

Favorite Features

1:Inline 5 cyl. Lots of power for my needs. 2: The automatic transmission shifts very smooth throughout 3 Satellite radio. 4:Fuel mileage. 5:Great looks.

Suggested Improvements

1:put a lock on passanger door. 2: Work on traction control system. 3:Get rid of the general GS60 tires they are crap.

New Chevy driver
By Eddie

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

The little truck turned out to be a lot more fun to drive than I thought. The engine is a little noisy when on the gas. I really don't like the not having a key lock on the driver's side.The gas mileage is great. I average 25mpg. I looked at Nissan and Toyota, and both were too pricey for what I needed in a pickup. I drove the Nissan and Toyota and neither truck had the power that the Chevy had.

Favorite Features

The ride, handling, and gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Key lock on passenger side