2005 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
Room for improvement
By Bolo on 12/21/06 19:14 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

With the exception of the AC its been bulletproof mechanically. Got to say GM scrimped on the sheet metal an quality plastic though. Gas mileage isn't bad, but its still worse than the heavier older model 4Runner that it replaced. The engine has plenty of power for this size of truck. Size is very similar to the 67-72 Chevys of the past. I'll keep this one a while, but I'd have to seriously think before buying another Colorado.

A Total Lemon
By Matt on 05/01/06 04:30 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Colorado brand new, and have had nothing but trouble with it. It's died on me twice, I continue to have problems with the cd player. The AC squeals like a stuck pig, plastic molding had warped, carpeting comes up in chunks of fuzz. I've had problems with the ignition switch, airbag sensor, cruise control light, and interior paneling. The interior is of very cheap material and reeks of poor design. It's a sharp looking truck, and when it's not in the shop it drives and handles ok. Unless you're a die hard Chevy fan, I'd advise you to look elsewhere for a truck. Based on my experience with this, I'll never buy another Chevy truck.

Americal built
By Pete on 12/20/05 21:50 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven this truck in summer, fall and winter it has been reliable, safe, and very useful. I have had NO trouble with it at all. The fit and finish are comparable with the Toyota and Nissan that I test drove. It is quiter than the Ford and more economical than the Dodge.

Good truck for price.
By Bud on 10/30/05 16:12 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the truck in June of this year. So far it has been OK. Handling is great and fuel mileage is also great. Overall this is a great truck.

New Chevy driver
By Eddie on 07/01/05 22:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

The little truck turned out to be a lot more fun to drive than I thought. The engine is a little noisy when on the gas. I really don't like the not having a key lock on the driver's side.The gas mileage is great. I average 25mpg. I looked at Nissan and Toyota, and both were too pricey for what I needed in a pickup. I drove the Nissan and Toyota and neither truck had the power that the Chevy had.

Good all around Truck
By Anthony on 02/14/05 18:07 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

If you dont want a full size truck, this is a nice little truck. I love the way this truck looks, especially the front end. The interior could use a little improvement. Seats are comfy, but just not too much going on inside,(too much plastic). No complaints about the 2.8L engine. It's nice and smooth, and has plenty of power to get around. Exhuast note is little funny though. 5 speed is very smooth. A lot more room than my previously owned Ranger. Overall a good little truck for a good price.

Nice tight package - bum interior
By buckeyebubba on 01/27/05 20:47 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I'm moving toward 3 months and 3,000 miles and as you might expect there are both positives and negatives. The truck is indeed very smooth and provides a certain amount of confidence on unpredictable winter road surfaces. Road imperfections from ice and snow are absorbed with aplomb. More importantly the brakes are excellent so far. Since GM's track record with brakes is not good I'll try not to worry too much about what to expect. Engine performance is outstanding and the transmission is unparalleled. With excellent acceleration, shifting, and braking its fun and effortless to drive. Note that I have the 5 cylinder with automatic. The interior is the major negative

(Sink) Like a Rock
By LeonardJ on 07/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4dr Extended Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

For the first 1,500 miles, it was a great truck. Then the sporatic rough idling started. The dealer says that it is a computer glitch. "Bring it back in three weeks, we might have a fix for it by then", says the dealer; "Chevrolet will certainly have the glitch worked out within the next three months". In the mean time, the problem continues. The mechanic told me that "lots of Colorados have this problem". GM unleashes another untested design on the buying public. Remember the 1977 Oldsmobile diesel fiasco? I do!! This is my last GM product.