Used 2005 Chevrolet Colorado Z85 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

My Experience
By Tommy

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Since I have had this truck I have loved it. It feels more comfortable than my old F250 that I traded in and the fuel economy is much better. I have made it from Stow, Ohio to Roanoke, Virginia on half a tank of gas. The truck runs smooth and quiet, you can really feel the power of the engine as well with all of the pick up and go. Since I have had the truck I have had the bed lined with Line-X and I have added a class 3 hitch to pull a pop-up camper and my boat. Even when towing the truck has shown no problems. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a good mid size truck today.

I like having the exterior lighting automatic and I like the basic feature of A/C in the truck.

I think that if alloy wheels were standard it would make a great improvement as well as standard CD players in the vehicles.

Great Little Truck!
By chonny

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I really enjoy driving this truck. I've had no problems at all. I have yet to get under 21 mpg. Have gotten as high as 28.1. The 2.8L 4cyl is very surprising in the amount of power it puts out. Would definitely buy another one if I was in the market.

Looks, power and economy.

Keyed passenger door lock.

Average truck
By golden

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a pretty average truck. It doesnt really excel in any area. I went on a trip to Wisconsin and was driving thru the mountains and the little 4 cylinder engine could not take it. It's comfortable inside but not great. Long trips are tiring. The manual is pretty good but needs a broader range of shifting. And what is up with no key holes on the passenger door?!!!

The driver's center is pretty cool

Better engines! Better Shifting! More room in the cab. Key holes on the passenger door. Better fabric on the seats. A V6 option!!! OR maybe even V8?!!

Uncomfortable ride
By Dave

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Colorado as a replacement for my S10. As a long time Chevrolet customer I was very disappointed in the ride. My standard cab seat is very uncomfortable to the point I have been trying to trade or get rid of it already. My back's taking a beating. Other than poor ride it seems to handle good and has been dependable. I sought help from the dealer and from Chevrolet without relief. Factory said too bad thats the way its made and there is no defect. Looking for something else

Nice body style , room, plenty of cargo room.

Lumbar support in the seat. Perhaps a change in the seat design that would allow it to lean back slightly would make it more bareable

Colorado
By Bob

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

It's been a fun vehicle with lots of utility for a value priced truck. Great gas mileage. Highway up to 30 mpg.

Lock with key on passenger side. very inconvenient when traveling with a passenger or trying to retrieve something from the passenger side.