2005 Chevrolet Colorado - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:
My Experience
By Tommy on 04/19/06 15:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Since I have had this truck I have loved it. It feels more comfortable than my old F250 that I traded in and the fuel economy is much better. I have made it from Stow, Ohio to Roanoke, Virginia on half a tank of gas. The truck runs smooth and quiet, you can really feel the power of the engine as well with all of the pick up and go. Since I have had the truck I have had the bed lined with Line-X and I have added a class 3 hitch to pull a pop-up camper and my boat. Even when towing the truck has shown no problems. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a good mid size truck today.

Great Little Truck!
By chonny on 03/01/06 02:42 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I really enjoy driving this truck. I've had no problems at all. I have yet to get under 21 mpg. Have gotten as high as 28.1. The 2.8L 4cyl is very surprising in the amount of power it puts out. Would definitely buy another one if I was in the market.

Average truck
By golden on 02/03/06 20:36 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a pretty average truck. It doesnt really excel in any area. I went on a trip to Wisconsin and was driving thru the mountains and the little 4 cylinder engine could not take it. It's comfortable inside but not great. Long trips are tiring. The manual is pretty good but needs a broader range of shifting. And what is up with no key holes on the passenger door?!!!

Uncomfortable ride
By Dave on 01/23/06 13:36 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Colorado as a replacement for my S10. As a long time Chevrolet customer I was very disappointed in the ride. My standard cab seat is very uncomfortable to the point I have been trying to trade or get rid of it already. My back's taking a beating. Other than poor ride it seems to handle good and has been dependable. I sought help from the dealer and from Chevrolet without relief. Factory said too bad thats the way its made and there is no defect. Looking for something else

Colorado
By Bob on 10/23/05 19:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

It's been a fun vehicle with lots of utility for a value priced truck. Great gas mileage. Highway up to 30 mpg.

Colorado
By bigredman on 08/31/05 16:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

The Colorado is a great looking truck, on the outside that is. I would trade the interior of my truck for an older model S-10 anyday. The seats and door panels are both very cheap in appearance. In fact, the only good thing about the interior is the leg room. I'm 6'5 and I fit very well.

The Bitterness of Poor Quality
By Bill on 06/30/05 18:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

In the year that I've owned this truck, I've gone through 3 sets of tires, 8 alignments, 2 body control modules, and 2 brake light switches. Chevy knows about a serious problem with the front suspension on this truck (they've issued 5 service bulletins to their dealerships on this subject) that causes the front tires to wear prematurely and excessive vibration. The truck won't hold an alignment. What is worse is that I've been in the process of lemon lawing this truck since March and Chevrolet refuses to acknowledge or take responsibility for the problem. The tires are so bad now that the treads are separating. Whatever you do spare yourself the horrible experience of owning a Colorado.

Great Ride
By Richard Newell on 03/29/05 18:08 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

This Chevy is all truck in a small package . The 4cylinder engine is a lot more powerful than its number of cylinders would suggest. Great gas mileage, nice ride, handles great, and even keeps most of its power when the AC is on. I put it through the mill for a few hours in all sorts of city and highway driving and it kept up with me fine. If you are looking for a great looking truck with good mpg and is just fun to drive, this is the truck for you.

Just Fun
By Tony Schwanda on 02/28/05 20:07 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I truly enjoy driving this truck. It has performed better then expected it the snow and ice of northern Wisconsin. Yet it is only a 2 wheel drive. The one area that need some attention is the seating. The angle is too straight for long distance travel. I suggest that they make a small adjustment in this area as well as a little more room for the passenger's feet. These are only minor problems and can be fixed with a bit of thinking. The ride is smooth and the road noise is minimal. great truck. Just having fun.

Z85 I-4 auto
By sonny on 02/13/05 10:00 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Colorado 2dr Regular Cab Z85 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

This truck so far has exceeded my expectations. I love the ride, fuel economy and excelent shifting auto transmission. First tank of gas from the dealer I got 24.1 mpg. I wasn't even driving it in a way to get good mileage since it was being broke in. I should be able to easily get 26+ mpg after the break in period.